Well after watching Celtics performance in Europe on Tuesday night one of my first thoughts after i'd finished laughing was how the hell we were four points behind them in the league. To be honest, the only player from their team i'd want is McGeady, and thats for the sole reason he is blatantly better than any left midfield option we have. Bar him i'd have no one from their team.

On paper, i'd say our squad was stronger than theirs. So how come yet again we are chasing them in the league? Is it poor management? Is it poor team spirit? Is it 'lack of heart'? Is it all 3 and more??

Well Celtic's slip up today cancels out ours in Ediburgh. Just disappointing though that had we not slipped up we would've been capitalising on their mistake this week and closing the gap to 1 point instead of returning it to 4.

We've got the difficult visit to Tannadice next. They give us enough trouble at home, never mind when we're away. Smith needs to enure we start this one right (not like v Hamilton and Hearts) and keep up the tempo for the full 90 minutes.

And then Hibs visit Ibrox before the Old Firm. Nothing less than 6 points will do. And hopefully the Tims can slip up again before then though Hearts at home and Falkirk away are not the trickiest of ties. Hopefully playing Villareal midweek might make them take their eye off the ball, but with nothing to play for I cant see it.

We seem to beat Septic but then drop points not long after beating them every season due to a lack of concentration and effort. Maybe Walter needs Ally more to motivate the players more, then again, how do you motivate players to beat St Mirren after the mania that surrounds an Old Firm game ?

I always wondered how unusual it has been in the past for players to play the likes of Juve/Barca/Marseilles (Big Euro teams) in a midweek CL match and then have to play the likes of Falkirk/Partick/Hamilton the weekend after ?

We need to take the Dundee Utd and Hibs games as cup finals. If we drop points in any of them it would be disasterous as Im assuming they will beat Hearts at home and Falkirk away.

As SAlly says, we have to start those games with a high tempo. WS has to get team and formation spot on at Tannadice. We are due to give them a hiding.