Yeah i watched - we both agreed (and other posters) that Ferguson was not at the races - so your point is?

Im not blaming Ferguson as much as im blaming WS! WS said he will play when he came back. He should have been eased in and in pecking order.

Mendes has struggled since Ferguson returned - coincidence?? Yet Mendes still looks like he has a great touch and pass! He needs a Stuart McCall / Spackman type player to help him - ie Thomson! Possibly Edu? Or i think Hemdani would work will with him.

My point is the thread title

Barry was awful today along with Mendes. In their defence though everytime Weir or Bougherra got the ball they just launched it up to the front 2. The whole team need to have a long hard look at themselves. We better watch our backs too because Hearts are only 7 behind us after that win. How they couldn't do that to Celtic when they were there though annoys me

My point is the thread title

Sorry mate but its true! Maybe il change it to Captain Who?

But its not all about 1 game! Ferguson has been poor for a long time. I really hoped his long lay off would have recharged his batteries to give us the old BF back but i cant see it. Ok he only returned recently and another he deserves a few more games, but he isnt even on the right road!

Sorry mate but its true! Maybe il change it to Captain Who?

But its not all about 1 game! Ferguson has been poor for a long time. I really hoped his long lay off would have recharged his batteries to give us the old BF back but i cant see it. Ok he only returned recently and another he deserves a few more games, but he isnt even on the right road!

Maybe the title thread should be changed to Rangers who :)

Why are the centre halves playing long balls? They did this last season too, so I'm assuming they're doing it because WS is telling them to? Seems pointless when you don't have a big target man up front.

Of course it wasn't all Fergie's fault, but as our best player, he should be doing more on the pitch for us on a regular basis.

Why are the centre halves playing long balls? They did this last season too, so I'm assuming they're doing it because WS is telling them to? Seems pointless when you don't have a big target man up front.

Of course it wasn't all Fergie's fault, but as our best player, he should be doing more on the pitch for us on a regular basis.

Agreed gain

As much as i dont agree that today was all Ferguson's fault, the stupidity of this started a month or so ago with WS saying that as soon as he was ready he would get back in the team. There is no pressure on his shoulders it seems with the exception of the fans.

Also, have you ever saw Barry shouting on his team in times of need aka Butcher, Gough or even others who wernt captain like Brown, McCall etc?

I know its harping back to NIAR, but thats what it takes to win things, and we have no one with the exception of maybe Davis who has passion.

You all know what its like playing 5's for example, you need a bit of drive and commitment, this is what is sorely lacking from this team, and has been for many years now - Ferguson being a prime example.

taking a look at the whole, it was a case of - give the ball to the defenders who either played a short ball to the midfield who played a shoulder height ball to the strikers, or they played it themselves. as the ball inevitably dropped off the pitching-wedge-shoulder-height-passes, hearts packed midfield won every second ball. our wide playeers weren't truly wide - they, too, took the ball short, then played it back for more pitching wedge passes, never forced hearts to stand up and face them at anything other than headers. pish, utter pish. we let outselves down in most of the components, and in the whole. bf gets a little extra blame because he's just sauntered back in without having to work for it, and he is looked to, to instigate things. no movement, no creativity, long balls. awful. but the system we decided to play had a lot to answer for. if we're going to be a long ball team then we dont need darcheville, or even novo. we dont need wingers if we're essentially just going to punt the ball up the park. the best system for a punting-the-ball was martin o'neills. big strikers, and players who would pick up what they knocked down. the sort of football we're trying to play just doesnt match up to the sort you would expect from the players that are played. its a complete mess. it seems completely ill thought out and without any sort of gameplan at all.

WS has strengthened some parts of the squad, but still seems unwilling to try and sort out some of the problems which have now gone unaddressed for 3 or 4 years. Ridiculous really.

I think what's made it more difficult to take this season is that he's had significant money to spend this season and seems to have spent it very unwisely.

Barry (Bmck) makes a good point that myself and SuperAlly said before the game about Hearts winning the midfield battle. Both me and SA suggested playing a trio in the centre to win this battle - that meant playing either Edu or bringing in Hemdani, but it didnt happen and our 2 central midfielders were having an off day.

Just wondering again why Ferguson walks back in the team when its obvious he isnt match fit, and is it coincidence that we have struggled sine his return? We were poor against St Mirren and Aberdeen, drew with DUFC and Motherwell, now lose against Hearts. IMO its no coincidence. Its happened too many times before. Under McLeish he came back and our football went downhill, and under Le Guen it happened, now this is the 3rd time.

Ferguson gave 1 good game out of every 6 last season. He just isnt good enough anymore. But the scary thing is he isnt near being our worst player.