Boyd in line for scotland return

Scotland manager George Burley has paved the way for Kris Boyd to make a surprise return to the national team.

The Rangers striker, 25, claimed he would never play for Burley again after being left on the bench against Norway in a World Cup qualifier in October.

He has since gone on to enjoy some of the best form of his career and has brought his tally for the season so far to 18 goals.

Burley admits he would now be "open" to Boyd ending his self-imposed exile from international football.

He told the Scottish Sun: "Kris is his own man and he made his decision. That's up to him.

"But, if he changes his mind, I am open.

"I am the manager of Scotland and my duty is to pick the best squad.

"Whether it is Kris Boyd, or whoever else who wants to play, if they are doing well and available, I will consider them."

Burley added: "What happened two months ago means nothing, I just move on to the next squad.

"I watch to see who is scoring and will pick the best person. It's simple.

"Kris is playing regularly for his club and is getting goals. He is doing very well."

Interesting to see what Boyd will do.

Burely has already ruined this qualifying campaign imo.

No win situation for Boyd. Even if he comes back I don't think he could shoot us to the finals. But then I think even Raul would struggle with the position Burely has put us in.

If Boyd has any sense, he will simply say nothing at all. Burley is a busted flush and won't be there long enough to trouble anyone. Boyd will play again for Scotland under another manager and he probably won't have to wait too long.

Edited by maineflyer

If Boyd has any sense at all, he will simply say nothing at all. Burley is a busted flush and won't be there long enough to trouble anyone. Boyd will play again for Scotland under another manager and he probably won't have to wait too long.

I totally agree.