2009 betting thread

Was going through that every week at the start of the year. When one team flops your sitting there hoping another does so it's not quite as frustrating.

Who did Peterhead have?

Queens Park. Should've been an easy home win. :box:

I wish I had a set of balls.

Tomorrow night;

Dumbarton to beat Elgin: 2/5

Brechin to beat Stranraer: 1/4

Stranraer and Elgin are way adrift at the bottom of Divisions 2 and 3 respectively and both have horrendous goal differences and are more often than not comfortably beaten, hence the short prices betting against them.

However, with a large stake there's money to be made. Sticking a grand on the double gets you �£1,750. On paper, that's an easy �£750 profit.

But like I said, I lack balls and there's no such thing as a sure thing and all.

I wish I had a set of balls.

Tomorrow night;

Dumbarton to beat Elgin: 2/5

Brechin to beat Stranraer: 1/4

Stranraer and Elgin are way adrift at the bottom of Divisions 2 and 3 respectively and both have horrendous goal differences and are more often than not comfortably beaten, hence the short prices betting against them.

However, with a large stake there's money to be made. Sticking a grand on the double gets you �£1,750. On paper, that's an easy �£750 profit.

But like I said, I lack balls and there's no such thing as a sure thing and all.

They were two matches that screamed out at me looking at the coupon too.

Though as you point out, the odds mean you would need to place a decent stake.

I said at the weekend I was gonna head straight for the Stranraer game when I looked at the next coupon. Not suprising to see such short odds.. they've been diabolical recently.

Think the Rangers/Arsenal double at the weekend paid similar to the one above.. give or take �£50 or so of a difference.

Anyone having any bets for Cheltenham? I'm trying to avoid it this year but I can see me not doing anything then watching all my fancies winning and kicking my own arse for it.

I said at the weekend I was gonna head straight for the Stranraer game when I looked at the next coupon. Not suprising to see such short odds.. they've been diabolical recently.

Think the Rangers/Arsenal double at the weekend paid similar to the one above.. give or take �£50 or so of a difference.

Anyone having any bets for Cheltenham? I'm trying to avoid it this year but I can see me not doing anything then watching all my fancies winning and kicking my own arse for it.

I'll prob stay away from the horses tbh mate. Not my game.

Unless Craig sorts us out eh Jon.

I'll be sticking a coupon on tonight as there's Championship, League 1 and League 2 games on tonight as well as the Champions League matches.

Craig gave me a few tips for horses about a year or so ago and they were fairly successful. I know absolutely nothing about horses so would never pick a horse off my own back.

Has Craig just got Yahoo Messenger?