Are the RST still alive & kicking?

I've heard some more good things coming from the RST over the last couple of week and particularly tonight on Traynor's show. Anyway, I've been a member for a while now and have always been a bit disappointed by the lack of communication from them to their members. But since the various resignations some time back, the communication has gone from bad to worse.

Does anyone know what's going on with the Trust?

I take it your choice of title for this thread isn't a comment on the death threats received by David Edgar from those nice Murray supporters?

However, the RST certainly isn't as alive and kicking as they claim to be. When asked a direct question about their membership, their spokesman said on national radio today that the RST had "5000 members". I asked myself why they feel the need to stoop to such blatant lies in order to prop up their flagging credibility. The truth, less than 1000 members. Very shabby indeed.

Yeah, the communication has got far worse, despite their assurances last summer.

The current campaign has obviously raised their profile, and I thought Fraseer Martin handled himself well on Traynor's show, but I'm unaware of what else they have been up to over the past few months.

MF, my guess would be that it would be over 1,000 "non-lapsed" members.

Yeah, the communication has got far worse, despite their assurances last summer.

The current campaign has obviously raised their profile, and I thought Fraseer Martin handled himself well on Traynor's show, but I'm unaware of what else they have been up to over the past few months.

MF, my guess would be that it would be over 1,000 "non-lapsed" members.

The most common estimate I've heard recently is between 800 and 1000 paid up members. It's hard to see that level of representation being justified as a mandate to speak on behalf of the wider support. I'm not saying they are, only that they shouldn't.

I thought it was appalling to hear an RST board member trying to say on radio yesterday that they currently have 5000 members. The world of Rangers is run through by so many lies these days that it doesn't need the RST to add to it.

Talking today to someone who assured me that the RST peak membership had never exceeded 2500 paid up members. Does anyone know if this is close to the truth?

Frankie, I know that you must know - why is this information so difficult to come by?

I joined before all the key players left and the RST went to shit. Not renewed so no idea if i'm due or of my membership has run out. Have no interest in the RST these days as i think a certain number have ruined the opportunity that could have been utilised by such organisations.

I joined before all the key players left and the RST went to shit. Not renewed so no idea if i'm due or of my membership has run out. Have no interest in the RST these days as i think a certain number have ruined the opportunity that could have been utilised by such organisations.

Likewise, I took out a life membership before it went to the poodles. However, I am interested to know if the RST is deliberately fabricating its membership numbers to add ill-deserved credence to its recent statements.

Likewise, I took out a life membership before it went to the poodles. However, I am interested to know if the RST is deliberately fabricating its membership numbers to add ill-deserved credence to its recent statements.

THe only RST members I know of are people from here and FF. None of my rangers supporting pals who aren't on forums are members.

It would be interesting to see if they are, and by how much, altering their membership numbers.

Talking today to someone who assured me that the RST peak membership had never exceeded 2500 paid up members. Does anyone know if this is close to the truth?

Frankie, I know that you must know - why is this information so difficult to come by?

I never took too much interest in the membership numbers until the last year of my time on the board. That was the domain of other board members.

As such, I can't say for sure, but 2500 max may be accurate in terms of paid up members in one year.

Obviously the Trust (as well as other organisations) will exaggerate their figures somewhat. It's natural to do that when attempting to gain more influence than perhaps your true size may reflect. Thus, when challenged publicly they may massage the figures or ignore the question completely. Both have certainly been done recently.

I wouldn't say it's that big a deal to do so as sometimes the club has to be played at their own game but not being open about it to fans may only cause problems.