Papac out! Left back at pittodrie anyone.

Whittaker or Broadfoot will play left back.

Fleck did well but I actually thought the manager spoke quite candidly about why Fleck hasn't featured more before now.

No excuse not to keep him in the team from now on though.

:)

It was a joke Frankie, although with Walter you can expect anything.

is stevie smith still injured ?? if not get him in a natural leftback will give us more balance

As far as i know he has been playing for the reserves. He has just not been hitting the heights of yesteryear.

Well, now Walter and Ally can't say the fans didn't tell them so, but... We told you so.

Yes, it was well over the time to get young Flecky back into the first team. For MONTHS there has been a gaping gap in the left midfield role that was filled expertly by the youngster today.

So, is this another tactical error by the Rangers management not to include him earlier?

What, a tactical error by not playing an injured player? Hmm... you certainly told them so.

There is no told you so about it and in fact most fans said Walter would never play them. I think it's Walter who should be saying I told you so - or even me.

I said in the summer that I believed Walter was ready to start introducing Fleck into the team and would likely be integrated in the team by the end of the season, but he would not do so willy nilly.

I said that he couldn't play him when he was injured and that would obviously put back his introduction until he showed he was fully fit again.

And where are the fans now that say Walter doesn't play youngsters, can I tell them I told them so?

Ally McCoist was quoted before the game saying that Fleck "may not have been picked because of they(the fans telling the management to play Fleck) reasons", but more because he has merited it by good play in the last few reserve games.

Your not that naive Ally. Give the fans some credit. We watch the same games as you and Fleck's display in last years youth cup final against Celtic was all the evidence we needed to get the boy into the first team squad and give the lad a deserved chance.

What the fuck is all this about?

I agree with the sentiments of the post, but here your essentially saying the fans should tell Smith and McCoist who to pick.

Strange.

What the fuck is all this about?

I agree with the sentiments of the post, but here your essentially saying the fans should tell Smith and McCoist who to pick.

Strange.

So, starnge that it happened when Boyd wasn't getting a game, and it happens every week when someone plays badly i.e Lee McCulloch, and we say we dont want him played.

Don't quite get it where your coming from mate. The fans have historically ALWAYS told the management who they would LIKE to pick, but that isn't to say that it is going to happen.

So, in essence what you are saying then is that the fans have no right to say who they want in the team beacause it is the managers opinion SOLELY(sp) that counts.

Strange.

Edited by John Barr

McCoist said he wasn't picked becuase of fan pressure but because he was playing well in the reserves.

You told Ally to stop being naive.

Everyone has an opinion on who should play, it was just more to do with the way you phrased it.

Ok, maybe i could have phraseds it better. Fair enuff.

I still think the point is correct though SA.