Rangers seem to have learned a lesson from last year on how to try and get ahead on goal difference.

Last year we were so far behind Celtic in goal difference that in the last few games it was considered as good as an extra point for them.

I can't say how important it is to keep ahead in goal difference. The league has been decided in our favour a few times and with Aberdeen denting Celtics bid to increase the points gap to 5 again, the 2 points we are ahead will make us AHEAD of Celtic if we draw two and they lose two.

Obviously the points are far more important, but my point is, i'm glad the team has contributed moreover to trying to make our wins more convincing than what they had been recently.

Does this indicate that Rangers are playing much more attractive attacking football than Celtic then? I wonder.

Keep it up Gers.

I was thinking of writing a peice that touched on this.

Along with our inability of recent seasons to capitalise on Celtic slip ups and to put pressure on them when opportunities are presented, the fact that we have a superior goal difference but are behind on points also suggests a lack of character. It means we are winning the easier games handsomely to gain a better goal difference, but with Celtic's superior points total it suggests that they are picking up more points in tighter games, drawing when we would lose a tight game or winning tight matches we would draw, if you follow me? :confused:

It all points to a lack of a winning mentality. Though with the current optimism growing around our title challenge I probably wont bother now.

I'm a lot happier and looking forward to Saturday lunch time.

Winning games is first and foremost. 3 points is always primarily what we're looking for in a game. However, when playing teams at home I feel we should go out and batter them, fling everything we have at them within reason and try and score at the very least 3 goals. There is a danger of conceding if play to those tactics however I feel the risk has to be taken.

I was thinking of writing a peice that touched on this.

Along with our inability of recent seasons to capitalise on Celtic slip ups and to put pressure on them when opportunities are presented, the fact that we have a superior goal difference but are behind on points also suggests a lack of character. It means we are winning the easier games handsomely to gain a better goal difference, but with Celtic's superior points total it suggests that they are picking up more points in tighter games, drawing when we would lose a tight game or winning tight matches we would draw, if you follow me? :confused:

It all points to a lack of a winning mentality. Though with the current optimism growing around our title challenge I probably wont bother now.

I'm a lot happier and looking forward to Saturday lunch time.

good points, i follow you SA. and it is probably true.

I asked if we were playing better football than Celtic, as i haven't noted either team play anything that attractive.

But the point you make about us winning the easier games is true i feel

good points, i follow you SA. and it is probably true.

I asked if we were playing better football than Celtic, as i haven't noted either team play anything that attractive.

But the point you make about us winning the easier games is true i feel

Didn't want to ruin the growing feel good factor, but it was kinbd of relevant to what you were saying and something that occurred to me recently.