Burley building team without Boyd

Guest Jum Spence

Guest The Advocate

So we have a Scotland manager who would rather play Iwelumo when we need a goal against Norway (history showed the wisdom of that decision) and a chairman who will sell a 30 goal per season player to balance the books.

Boyd was right to tell Burley where to go - and as for SDM, his lack of true feeling and love for this club holds no boundary.

Sounds fair enough. Boyd made his decision and both need to get on with it. Burley will miss Boyd much more than the other way round however.

In fact, my bet is that burley won't be manager of Scotland for as long as most people think. He's surprised me, I thought he knew what he was doing but so far he's shown himself to be from the Walter Smith school of management.

Sounds fair enough. Boyd made his decision and both need to get on with it. Burley will miss Boyd much more than the other way round however.

In fact, my bet is that burley won't be manager of Scotland for as long as most people think. He's surprised me, I thought he knew what he was doing but so far he's shown himself to be from the Walter Smith school of management.

Burley knows he has fucked up over boyd and every now and again seems to bring the situation with him back to the fore.

last month we had the back door opened for boyd when burley came out and said that boyd was showing the correct attitude to play for Scotland.

And again we see Burley mentioning the boyd in a round about way by using the term "motivated" to play for Scotland.

Do you generally pick players who are not motivated George?

And for the record, the only difference Between the Boyd we see now and the one you let slip through your fingers is that Hes actually getting a regular start for his club.

Funnily enough hes banging in the goals!

Boyd definitely shouldn't make himself available to Burley again imo. If he does & gets played in the remaining games he'll only end up as a potential scapegoat when we don't qualify because of Burley's f*ckups in the start of the campaign.

He's probably done worse than Smith you could say Maine ? Smith made Scotland difficult to beat with the 4-5-1 system....it was horrible to watch but it was effective.

Burley has tried and failed to adopt a more attacking style....we simply dont have the players capable of using such systems.

Whilst WS has made some baffling decisions since his return to Ibrox....he had that Scotland unit like a well oiled machine....it looks nothing like that now under Burley who looks like a manager who simply cant motivate players with his manner.

Is Burley not man enough to call up Boyd and say he wants him to play for Scotland rather than this chinese whispers through the media! Burley is employed by the SFA to do the best for his country yet he isnt doing so.

Im far from Boyds biggest fan but i maintain he should easy have been played before 2 debutants in the Norway game although his attitude maybe have what left him out.

This situation has made Boyd a better player so he should be the 1 with a smile on his face and be ready to return for Scotland. He has to remember he is also representing his country and not Burley alone.

The situation stinks from both ends for me.

I always thought that Boyd made the right decision, but the way things are for the Scotland squad & their chances of getting to Africa, I'm now thinking that Boyd just can't win either way. It won't matter if he rejoins the squad or not, either way, it'll be made out that he's more to blame than Burley. Maybe not of course, but if he plays in the remaining games & doesn't score in a squad that doesn't qualify, he'll be made a scapegoat. If he sticks to his guns & stays clear of Burley's squad & they don't qualify, he'll be made a scapegoat. He can't win unless he plays in the remaining games & scores winning goals against Holland at least, so in all honesty, as much as I want Scotland to qualify, I think he should stay well clear of the whole farce. Burley chose not to play him. Boyd decided not to make himself available to Burley. End of.

I always thought that Boyd made the right decision, but the way things are for the Scotland squad & their chances of getting to Africa, I'm now thinking that Boyd just can't win either way. It won't matter if he rejoins the squad or not, either way, it'll be made out that he's more to blame than Burley. Maybe not of course, but if he plays in the remaining games & doesn't score in a squad that doesn't qualify, he'll be made a scapegoat. If he sticks to his guns & stays clear of Burley's squad & they don't qualify, he'll be made a scapegoat. He can't win unless he plays in the remaining games & scores winning goals against Holland at least, so in all honesty, as much as I want Scotland to qualify, I think he should stay well clear of the whole farce. Burley chose not to play him. Boyd decided not to make himself available to Burley. End of.

I dont think he will be made a scapegoat at all. Burley is doing a bad enough job to show its his fault.

If Burley picks Boyd for the squads yet not the starting line up then thats Burleys call again.

It will be interesting to see Boyds reaction if Scotland do qualify for the World Cup! He will be itching to go! Yet that Norway game has stacked all the odds against us and i cant see it now.

I dont think he will be made a scapegoat at all. Burley is doing a bad enough job to show its his fault.

If Burley picks Boyd for the squads yet not the starting line up then thats Burleys call again.

It will be interesting to see Boyds reaction if Scotland do qualify for the World Cup! He will be itching to go! Yet that Norway game has stacked all the odds against us and i cant see it now.

The Norway away match early August is probably the key match for the 2nd place....considering how early it is in the SPL season and judged on how we have struggled against lesser opposition in Europe at that time then Scotland will really struggle for a result against players possibly halfway through their season.