Setting the Standard: A New Model for The Rangers of The Future

Gordon is exactly the kind of person who could be a figure-head. Obviously his current job may rule him out currently but I'd wager he'd be interested.

Yep, and he had a previous association with the Trust I believe.

I live along the road from his work, so feel free to let him know he's welcome round for tea and biscuits :)

Indeed he did.

One of his speeches a couple of years ago at the annual dinner was fantastic. I rue the day he got the SFA job as he'd been an ideal choice for a variety of Rangers' roles. As would Gough.

Gordon is exactly the kind of person who could be a figure-head. Obviously his current job may rule him out currently but I'd wager he'd be interested.

Possibly his current job Frankie might actually help him for any future roles ?

I think that job might even have been an eye opener for Smith and be of further benefit further down the line.

He's probably built himself a better all round knowledge of the inner workings of the SFA and UEFA moving forward to increase his knowledge on and off the park.

Obviously if you put together 5 or 6 said businessmen then they need to build a strong team around them....guys like Campbell Ogilivie then come back into the equation football wise ?

Ogilvie would definitely be the kind of credible guy from an admistrative/executive point of view. I don't know any bear that has a bad word to say about him. I doubt he'd have the personal finance to buy in but I'd certainly be happy for him to represent me in some sort of role.

As for Smith, well there's no doubt being part of the 'enemy' so to speak would be useful for the club. Ogilvie has the same experience so could use the system to benefit us somewhere down the line.

Two excellent suggestions. Problem is even Martin Bain has been successful in his older jobs at the club so is looking back as valuable as looking forward.

On the subject of Gordon Smith, he will be attending a charity dinner at the end of February and will be saying a few words.

Sandi Thom will be doing a set, and other attractions include Ewen and Roughie from Real Radio and Bill Copeland (excellent comedian).

Further details wll be revealed here shortly as it's a charity that this site will be promoting, but PM me if you are interested in attending.

Sorry for hijacking the thread.

On the subject of Gordon Smith, he will be attending a charity dinner at the end of February and will be saying a few words.

Sandi Thom will be doing a set, and other attractions include Ewen and Roughie from Real Radio and Bill Copeland (excellent comedian).

Further details wll be revealed here shortly as it's a charity that this site will be promoting, but PM me if you are interested in attending.

Sorry for hijacking the thread.

Gordon Smith. Good.

Sandi Thom, no my thing but sure it will go down well.

Bull Copeland you reliably inform us is a funny comedian.

And then Ewen and Roughie included as main attractions. They so nrealy got it all right. :devil:

Gordon Smith. Good.

Sandi Thom, no my thing but sure it will go down well.

Bull Copeland you reliably inform us is a funny comedian.

And then Ewen and Roughie included as main attractions. They so nrealy got it all right. :devil:

Come along and shout abuse. :D