England Fans Singing 'Offensive' songs

Just heard on the radio there that England fans have been singing 'offensive songs' in Germany. The reporter went on to say after a 'rousing rendition' of GSTQ they burst into the 'offensive' 'No Surrender To The IRA'....:confused:

So who would be offended by England (or any fans for that matter) singing 'No Surrender To The IRA'? Would it be any less / more offensive if they were singing 'No Surrender To Al Quada'?

Cammy F - Sing It Loud and Sing It Proud Loyal RSC :P

Know a girl on holiday in Bulgaria just now, loads of English, Scots and Germans there.

She walked into a pub last night an there were two English fans fighting, no-one else. Even she said she had to walk straight out an couldnt blame anyone else.

All the bad press we used to get and for years the English have been the worst hooligans out of all the home nations......media.....if english, then its someone elses fault!

Know a girl on holiday in Bulgaria just now, loads of English, Scots and Germans there.

She walked into a pub last night an there were two English fans fighting, no-one else. Even she said she had to walk straight out an couldnt blame anyone else.

All the bad press we used to get and for years the English have been the worst hooligans out of all the home nations......media.....if english, then its someone elses fault!

So are you saying that the song IS offensive just because its the English that are singing it?

Cammy F

I never actually mentioned a particular song Cammy, simply sad that she walked into a pub in Bulgaria full of all nationalities and it was two English fighting.

Didnt say it was one colured one caucasion cos I didnt think it would have been over a race issue.

Only repeating what I heard from however far away!

(some smartarse can google it)

I dont see the song being of any relevance but it hasnt got much to do with football especially at the greatest specticle of them all - The World Cup

But will it be the only song sung at the World Cup that has little or no relevance to football or the world cup?

If Scotland were at the WC and the TA sang Doh A Deer would that be offensive? Has nowt to do with football.....:rolleyes:

Just can't believe that the English media find a song AGAINST an organisation that murdered its citizens offensive.

Cammy F

Personally i dont give a monkeys what songs are sung at the world cup, we've had enough of that this season, im just looking forward to a good football tournament.

Here here, only 5 hours to go. :cool: