My point is.. contract = can't be told to F off.

I don't see the point in moaning about everything, but clearly we don't see eye to eye on that.

You don't have to tell a player to "F off" in order to move him on. How many of the hundreds of transfers over the last month do you think were completed by telling the player to F off? Feigning optimism is one thing, gullibility is quite another. The fact is that over the last half dozen years or so, Rangers have taken on dud after dud and either ended up paying up outrageous contracts or clogging up the wage bill with malingerers living in an enturely unproductive comfort zone. Or are you about to announce your admiration for the contract negotiations of Martin Bain?

Phew? Hardly.

Yet another window passes and the club is still hugely burdened by God knows how many duds who will never see first team action between now and the summer. It's great to keep our few decent players but why is it we can never offload our expensive dead wood?

Because we pay the diddy's big money which they can never match elsewhere, mainly cos noone else stupid enough to match it...hence why we get stuck with them.

You don't have to tell a player to "F off" in order to move him on. How many of the hundreds of transfers over the last month do you think were completed by telling the player to F off? Feigning optimism is one thing, gullibility is quite another. The fact is that over the last half dozen years or so, Rangers have taken on dud after dud and either ended up paying up outrageous contracts or clogging up the wage bill with malingerers living in an enturely unproductive comfort zone. Or are you about to announce your admiration for the contract negotiations of Martin Bain?

You obviously don't understand the underlying reasoning behind my point. We've been able to move out some youngsters on loan because they're talented & not on sky high wages, but when it comes to the first team squad's 'deadwood' as you put it, no other clubs outside the OF in Scotland can afford their wages, so that leaves us in a position where we need to hope that clubs outwith Scotland come in with interest in them, which they reportedly have done. You're complaining about our club's handling of something that they don't have a great deal of control over, since they can't force our players down English or foreign clubs throats. We've permanently moved out Darcheville & Burke while also getting Adam & Gow out on loan.

Edited by Zappa

I agree with MF on this point.

Celtic don't seem to have the same trouble getting rid of unwanted players. In fact they often seem to turn a tidy profit. (One or two aside e.g Balde).

We're are extremely poor when it comes to contracts, shifting on decent enough players and our alround general transfer activity.

How can Celtic get millions for the likes of Craig Beattie and yet we are going to see a player like Hemdani go at the end of his contract. (Yes I don't rate Hemdani as highly as most but surely a small fee for him to get a regular game in the french top flight should not have been out of the question.

I agree with MF too. Even the likes of Burke, we gave him away for NOTHING. Ok we didn't exactly rate him highly but again surely we could have got 200-500,000 for him?? The Hemdani situation totally baffles me too. I personally don't rate the guy mainly due to the fact he hardly played for at least 6 months, but he is good enough to at least hold down a place on our bench week in week out. Whats he point in him being there earning lots of money for doing fcuk all?

Maybe we've just been consistently and endlessly unlucky ......... or perhaps we all need to accept that Martin Bain is an incompetent arse who has cost this club millions over the years. He wouldn't last five minutes in my outfit, in fact he would never have found himself in such a position of responsibility in the first place.

If anyone needs confirmation of the failure of Murray's leadership, they need only look at the appointment of Martin Bain as CEO of Rangers. I tell you folks, Bain position is so transparently unappropriate it is almost beyond comprehension. How did we ever slide so far?

Have to say im delighted Mendes and Bougherra didnt move on. Didnt expect Fleck to even debate a move. Also happy Mcgregor didnt move on as he is getting better again.

These 4 are the players we should be building the team around.

Add Thomson (when fit), Davis, Aaron and a good new centre half and we have the basis of a fine side!