Don't Treat Fans Like This

SDM is not and never will be a Rangers fan. In fact how many of the board are actually Rangers fans ?, I mean how many current/ex-players are Rangers fans ?, it's all very well saying they '' love Rangers'',but how much money do they put into Rangers ?,compared to us fans that purchase merchandise,pay for season tickets etc when we can hardly afford to !!!

Guest carmylebear

we are supporters when they want us to be supporters and likewise we are customers when that is what they want us to be.

our loyalty is taken for granted because they know as well as you and i that we can never take our "custom" elsewhere.

for years they have been happy to treat us exactly how they want all the time knowing that if they eventually go too far someone else will gladly take up your season ticket.

it is because of this loyalty that football is like no other busines. in any other type of business the customer is king and the people running the business know if they don't deliver what the customer wants then there will be no business. in football the people running the club know they can rely on loyalty so why listen to the supporters.

we are supporters when they want us to be supporters and likewise we are customers when that is what they want us to be.

our loyalty is taken for granted because they know as well as you and i that we can never take our "custom" elsewhere.

for years they have been happy to treat us exactly how they want all the time knowing that if they eventually go too far someone else will gladly take up your season ticket.

it is because of this loyalty that football is like no other busines. in any other type of business the customer is king and the people running the business know if they don't deliver what the customer wants then there will be no business. in football the people running the club know they can rely on loyalty so why listen to the supporters.

Of course there is a school of thought that we've got the Chairman, CEO and manager that we deserve. How much do we do to change the situation - not necessarily holding up banners at the front door of Ibrox but even writing a note on complaint.

For all you say about customers being king, they only ever get noticed when they complain, no matter what the business involved.

I'd be very surprised if one supporter in 20,000 has ever written to the club, which is hardly as basis for changing anything. Could this be one reason why Murray chastises internet posters as unrepresentative?

Whenever discussions like these surface, I always think of the English Premiership.

Overpriced, overhyped, soulless, sanitised dross devoid of characters, individuals, and for the most part full of players with little or no passion for their club.

Football has gone rotten in such a short space of time. The game at the top level in 2008 is almost unrecognisable from even 1998, both on and off the park, with the 'Sit Down Shut Up' era well and truly upon us.

The SPL hasn't quite gone the way of the Premiership in pricing terms (yet), but even watching Rangers is becoming a luxury enjoyed by the privileged few. I'd like nothing more than to watch the Rangers home and away every week, but instead, trips to Ibrox are a special once-every-few-months event to be looked forward to and savoured. And even then you're treated like shite on Murray's shoe.

FFS in Germany you can take yourself and your two kids to a Bundesliga match in some of the world's greatest stadia for less than the likes of St Mirren charge us for the 'pleasure' of visiting their dump (�£27 incidentally).

The treatment of supporters - the lifeblood of the game - gets worse every season. In January alone Rangers fans were asked to get themselves up to Inverness and then Aberdeen for 12.30 kick-offs. And we also had the Hartlepool v West Ham FA Cup game recently which kicked off at 12.40pm, wonderfully accomodating for all those West Ham fans waking up 300 miles away.

Now we have Rangers fans told a couple of hours before kick-off that the Forfar game is off, by which time hundreds will already have embarked on expensive travel agendas, and not all of them from Scotland. Honestly, what was the point in Friday morning's pitch inspection? Just another masterclass in incompetency from the bungling beaks who are supposed to run our game yet year after year make us the laughing stock of Europe.

Without even taking into account what has happened to our own once great club these past few years, football is a good game gone bad and I can't help thinking that sooner or later the fans are going to take some sort of stand.

Today's football is geared only to suit TV, mainly SKY. After all they are the ones pumping �£millions into it. Live coverage means no "offensive chants" etc, no "hard tackling", the kids might be watching, and make sure the players do controversial things and smile at the cameras. ( if not they will have to be made controversial ) This is why refs are constantly scrutinised due to incessant slo mo replays and are not allowed to use common sense, it confuses folk who know little about the game.

Passion is not allowed and no-one must be offended in any way.

Therefore money IS killing the game as customers are indeed king, but they are armchair customers and they will soon turn off or over when they become fed up. They will show loyalty to one team and it will be one of the teams they happen to be watching at the time. This loyalty lasts 90 minutes.

Saturation coverage will slowly strangle the game as it will leave no loyalty as no-one will care. eg. " will I watch yet another champions league game or corrie "

You see it clearly in the post match interviews these days. They're all trained in how to deal with the media, with the end result that all you get is zombie-like cliches like "it's not about me it's about the team", "the most important thing was the three points", etc. Listen to Steven Gerrard after any Liverpool game. The man has the charisma of a wet cardboard box.

You see it clearly in the post match interviews these days. They're all trained in how to deal with the media, with the end result that all you get is zombie-like cliches like "it's not about me it's about the team", "the most important thing was the three points", etc. Listen to Steven Gerrard after any Liverpool game. The man has the charisma of a wet cardboard box.

Long gone are the days of " real " football men. Remember Tommy Docherty saying about Vinnie Jones, " Jones lacks only one thing, ability "

Nowadays there would be lawyers' letters, public apologies TV censorship etc. .

Think how we are so easily offended today because the media tell us we should be. Boruc gives fans the finger etc. So what !