None of us is clairevoyant but if we win then I think it's likely we'll go on and take the title. Lose and we probably won't.

Not sure that I agree about the former statement as I think our team have proven already this season that they can go from one extreme to the other quickly. A good win this weekend to take us top could easily be followed by a poor performance and result in our next league match against Killie.

I am definitely inclined to agree with the latter statement though. A loss and 5 points behind, whilst not insurmountable, would be a mountain to climb given the inconsistency we have seen from the team this season.

Plus, being 5 behind would mean that we would more than likely HAVE to win the last OF at Ibrox and that scenario would suit Celtic more than it suits us IMO.

If we lose the league, it'll be down to our failures against the St Mirrens, the Dundee Utds and the Aberdeens.

We know we can beat the chimps, home or away. However that's over two years since Walter's return and he still hasn't proven he can win away from home on anything like a consistent basis. It's absolutely essential to winning titles. Celtic have managed it in the last three seasons. We haven't.

Not sure that I agree about the former statement as I think our team have proven already this season that they can go from one extreme to the other quickly. A good win this weekend to take us top could easily be followed by a poor performance and result in our next league match against Killie.

I am definitely inclined to agree with the latter statement though. A loss and 5 points behind, whilst not insurmountable, would be a mountain to climb given the inconsistency we have seen from the team this season.

Plus, being 5 behind would mean that we would more than likely HAVE to win the last OF at Ibrox and that scenario would suit Celtic more than it suits us IMO.

I would bet money on you being wrong. However, it's no longer just about us. What I believe has changed more recently is that ra sellick have lost all sense of consistency and are looking as likely to drop daft points as we are. Win this weekend and that may become a trend.

They needed to strengthen during the transfer window and I believe they made a mistake in not doing so, especially when the could have. If they lose on Sunday they will find it very difficult to turn this decline around.

I equally wouldn't bet money on that theory but you can almost sense the cracks appearing at parkhead.

I would bet money on you being wrong. However, it's no longer just about us. What I believe has changed more recently is that ra sellick have lost all sense of consistency and are looking as likely to drop daft points as we are. Win this weekend and that may become a trend.

They needed to strengthen during the transfer window and I believe they made a mistake in not doing so, especially when the could have. If they lose on Sunday they will find it very difficult to turn this decline around.

I equally wouldn't bet money on that theory but you can almost sense the cracks appearing at parkhead.

I would be inclined to bet in the hope that it costs me money.

I agree that there are definitely large cracks appearing over on the East End but us being so close to them isnt so much our performances as theirs.

I think we have the better team and the better squad but until, as Norris says, we get consistency away from home then we will be prone to dropping points and, when that happens, it will give THEM a glimmer of hope.

I have been saying for the last 3 or 4 years we have a better squad than them and I still believe it to be the case - but they have won the league because they do have that "never say die" attitude whereas we seem to look like boys lost if we go behind, a lack of belief as much as lack of consistency.

Guest FollowThe People
He's not a blood and thunder type of player though. And neither is he a shrinking violet from what I can see. He's had a couple of shaky games in the last few weeks - St Johnstone springs to mind - but show me a more consistent player at the club these past two years, other than Kevin Thomson. The incident you mention at Parkhead for Samaras' goal was the first mistake I can remember him making for rather a long time.

Players with far more natural ability than Papac have flopped at Ibrox through lack of application. You don't have to like Papac as a player, but no Rangers fan should question his commitment to the cause.

I guess I'm not a Rangers fan then because had he the bottle to close down Derek Young at Pittodrie we;d have been leaving with three points rather than one and that's only one of many , so I'll be questioning it all the way if you please.

I would be inclined to bet in the hope that it costs me money.

I agree that there are definitely large cracks appearing over on the East End but us being so close to them isnt so much our performances as theirs.

I think we have the better team and the better squad but until, as Norris says, we get consistency away from home then we will be prone to dropping points and, when that happens, it will give THEM a glimmer of hope.

I have been saying for the last 3 or 4 years we have a better squad than them and I still believe it to be the case - but they have won the league because they do have that "never say die" attitude whereas we seem to look like boys lost if we go behind, a lack of belief as much as lack of consistency.

Sorry Craig, I meant to say I WOULDN'T bet money on you being wrong.

But I don't think we've had the best squad these last few years. Not much in it but we never seem to have had the right balance in the team. Which all comes back to management and coaching staff.

Perhaps the area where we've lagged furthest behind is exactly what you say - attitude. Self-belief has been in short supply at Rangers these last few years. Pish poor leadership. No one will tell me that there aren't many inside Ibrox who see the same problems with Murray as I do. They cannot be blind and anyone who has run a company will tell you how easily morale can be eroded unless the right message is coming down from the top.

I don't think anything has really improved at Rangers - just that sellick seem to be hurtling down to our level of incompetence and that what little momentum there is seems to be in our direction at the right time of the season.

Sorry for the confusion.