Smith questions ref penalty call

Guest Jum Spence

If it came a fraction of a second earlier I would've been calling for a penalty too but Miller got his shot away before contact was made. Fact of the matter is, you'll never get those decisions in the penalty box. Whereas, outside the penalty you'll always get a FK as it's deemed a late tackle.

Clutching at straws Mr Smith. If mIller had even shifted the ball to the side or something I'd have been screaming for a pen but as Gav said he got his shot away. Never a decision that we are going to get at Parkhead. We didn't get a lot yesterday as it was!

I think this is pretty simple.

A late foul was made and we gained no advantage so the defender should have been penalised.

Penalties/free kicks are given all the time when the ball is nowhere the player.

Clutching at straws Mr Smith. If mIller had even shifted the ball to the side or something I'd have been screaming for a pen but as Gav said he got his shot away. Never a decision that we are going to get at Parkhead. We didn't get a lot yesterday as it was!

Surely if he's got his shot away it's a late tackle and therefore a foul? As Gazza says, anywhere but inside the penalty box and that's a free-kick. Even leaving aside the issue of whether it was a penalty or not, it was another dangerous tackle from a player who has made a career out of getting away with shit like this.

The referee bottled out of several decisions.

Brown should have been booked in the first 5-10mins for a disgraceful challenge on Davis but wasn't.

JVoH made 5 fouls in the first half but was only booked for falling on our goalie - Weir disgracefully booked at the same time. Vennegoor then made 2 or 3 more fouls after this incident and still wasn't sent off.

We should have had the penalty above.

The referee gave Celtic a corner when everyone else in the ground knew it was a goal kick.

Naismith booked for being pulled aggressively to the ground by the afore-mentioned Brown.

I'm sure there are more.

I agree, it was a shocking tackle but they're never given inside the box so I don't see what WS is moaning about.

He's moaning because he, like most of us, are sick and tired of Celtic benefiting from such decisions in Old Firm game after Old Firm game.

It may not affect the outcome of yesterday's match but hopefully a bit of reverse inTIMidation may help for the next game.

Either that or bring back Michael McCurry... :devil: