Defensive strength

Heard it said on Setanta that was our 17th clean sheet today. Is that in all comps?

Also 8 clean sheets in the last 10.

When your back line are performing like that it gives the rest of the boys the confidence that allowed us to win that game by the solitary strike.

Even when Hamilton threw everything at us when they had nothing to lose, they still couldn't fashion a shot on goal.

Only thing that was missing today was more clear cut chances, absolutely dominated that game but just couldn't put it to bed.

Thanks to the form of McGregor, Weir, Bougherra, Papac and Broadfoot though we comfortably won that match with just the one chance taken. :rfc:

Replying to my own post. :o

Anyway, have just read we are the first team to go to New Douglas Park and keep a clean sheet since mid September.

sounds good but they are pretty poor IMO and we could have and should have scored a lot more today.........

sounds good but they are pretty poor IMO and we could have and should have scored a lot more today.........

When you look at their form, I think you have to give us a bit of credit for making them look so poor.

Yes we could/should have score more today. We will play worse and win by greater margins. Football is a funny old game.

I think we get too worked up over goal difference because of 02/03, but how often does it actually count? Personally, I don't believe the title will be settled on GD.

(As an aside found another error on the SPL site regarding their season review. We won the title by 1 goal according to them.)

People keep writing Davie Weir off but yet again he puts in a solid performance in the heart of the defence.

Agreed, been saying this for ages now, the amount of slagging Weir gets is unbelievable, for me he has been our most consistent player this season so far

Watching Espanyol - Real.

Co-commentator just said if they keep a clean sheet today that will be 9 in their last 12 or 13 games. That's what there recent excellent run (before today 9 league win on the spin) has been built upon. If they nick the odd goal here and there they win games.

Paraphrasing the commentator there, but they were his words (roughly) about the mighty Real Madrid against the bottom club.:whistle:

Agreed, been saying this for ages now, the amount of slagging Weir gets is unbelievable, for me he has been our most consistent player this season so far

I wish he wouldn't try and make 30/20/10 yard passes. Especially when a midfield player is 5 yards away from him.

I wish he wouldn't try and make 30/20/10 yard passes. Especially when a midfield player is 5 yards away from him.

I wish he would'nt try and make a one yard pass!!!!!,he can't do it, but no-one can deny the guys defensive contribution to Rangers