Let me put it this way. Are supporting Rangers and supporting Scotland mutually exclusive concepts? I would love nothing better than for the Scotland team to be made up of eleven Rangers players, preferably eleven Glaswegians. But whenever the Scotland team is picked I hope they do well, whoever is playing for them. I'm sure Man u/L'pool supporters still support England even when their hated rivals have representatives on the pitch.

Nothing to do with the players on the park. Everything to do with the SFA, the Rangers-hating bigots in the stands, and the dick of a manager.

International football doesn't tickle my taste buds either ie I won't stump up money to go watch Scotland but I'll more often than not goto my mates house and watch the games with a beer in hand.

The reason Gordon hasn't played for Scotland recently is because he was injured. Saying that, I'd go for McGregor. However, if fit, I reckon Burley go play Gordon. If that's the case then McGregor won't be happy but going in a huff doesn't help us qualify for the WC in 2012. Same with Boyd.

For me McGregor but I think Burley will go for Gordon.

Nothing to do with the players on the park. Everything to do with the SFA, the Rangers-hating bigots in the stands, and the dick of a manager.

Exactly - as a proud Scot as the next man, but have no feelings for the national team. Nothing to do with patriotism......

Cammy F

Doesn't stop you following Rangers though! :whistle:

But you're the only arsehole who follows Rangers! :box:

I know what you're saying SA but when I went to Scotland in Glasgow I was verbally abused by the northern faction of the Scotland fans ie those sheep shagging twats from Aberdeen.

When I goto Rangers games, I don't get that from people who're following the same team as me.

I was verbally and physically abused whilst watching Scotland play Egypt in a freindly at Pittopdrie. My crime? Chearing when Ian Ferguson was brought on as a late sub to make is Scotland debut. Was called an orange barsteward and spat on - something that I've never experienced from my fellow Rangers fans. Never been back to see Scotland since.

That was the end for me, I had been toying with the idea of stopping going to see Scotland anyway - none of my friends were still going, watching Rangers was becoming more expensive and the 'problems' with the SFA were beginning to surface. That experience at Pittodrie was the last straw.

The episode that ensured that I'd never be back to watch Scotland was the Tartan Army singing 'We Hate Rangers More Than You' and joining in the booing for Ferguson and Neil McCann at the friendly in Dublin.

Cammy F

But you're the only arsehole who follows Rangers! :box:

I know what you're saying SA but when I went to Scotland in Glasgow I was verbally abused by the northern faction of the Scotland fans ie those sheep shagging twats from Aberdeen.

When I goto Rangers games, I don't get that from people who're following the same team as me.

Fair point when written put like that I guess. :rfc:

I was verbally and physically abused whilst watching Scotland play Egypt in a freindly at Pittopdrie. My crime? Chearing when Ian Ferguson was brought on as a late sub to make is Scotland debut. Was called an orange barsteward and spat on - something that I've never experienced from my fellow Rangers fans. Never been back to see Scotland since.

That was the end for me, I had been toying with the idea of stopping going to see Scotland anyway - none of my friends were still going, watching Rangers was becoming more expensive and the 'problems' with the SFA were beginning to surface. That experience at Pittodrie was the last straw.

The episode that ensured that I'd never be back to watch Scotland was the Tartan Army singing 'We Hate Rangers More Than You' and joining in the booing for Ferguson and Neil McCann at the friendly in Dublin.

Cammy F

It's an unspoken truth that a sizeable element - though by no means all - of those who follow Scotland are scum. Anti-British bigots utterly immune to bad press.

The Scottish national team of 2009 represents all that I hate about the modern game in this country. Rangers fans get battered in the mhedia for trumped up crimes on a weekly basis, while the self-styled 'Tartan Army' are allowed to piss, fight, drink and flash their willies in the street, all while being proudly proclaimed The Greatest Fans In The World (mark II). Oh, and don't forget the booing of - off the top of my head - France, Lithuania and Northern Ireland's national anthems. Apparently the booing of the NI anthem was a 'protest against a GB Olympic team' :rolleyes:. How do they explain the other ones then? These will be the same fans who simply couldn't contain their santimonious outrage over Manchester - events which they will never have the first idea about.

It honestly beats me why Barry still plays for them - the abuse he gets off the Scotland fans year in year out is abysmal. I've heard it with my own ears. Happy to cheer when he scores mind. You'd think the SFA would have learnt their lesson after they shafted Duncan Ferguson. Not a bit of it, now we have Broadfoot lamented before his first cap by his own manager for ââ?¬Å?limited ability." George - how many players in that Scotland team have played in a European final? Was delighted for the big guy when he scored against Iceland - a massive GIRUY moment to all the diddy club fans who had delighted in putting the boot in all through the week. And then we have Scotland's only goalscorer told he "needs to prove himself at Rangers first." What, in the name of phuck, are you on about George?

The only grown-up reaction on the Boyd matter came, unsurprisingly, from SFA chief executive Gordon Smith. A man despised by much of the country. Wonder why?

The anti-Rangers agenda has been out in the open for a while now, no doubt about it. Boyd's a traitor, while James McCarthy will naturally be left alone. Earlier in the season we were told to "respect his [McCarthy's] decision", while Tartan Army ââ?¬Ë?spokesmanââ?¬â?¢ and consummate Rangers-hater Hamish Husband comes out in the press slating Boyd. "Traitor" is a word used when you defect to the 'other side'. Given that both Boyd and Walter are deemed traitors, do we then deduce that Rangers and Scotland are enemies?

Ultimately the national team's stance against all things Rangers will mean the Tartan Army's World Cup experience in 2010 will extend to singing anti-English bile at pub TVs up and down Fife and Aberdeenshire.

Whether to support the national team is a personal choice and I totally respect Bears choosing to support Scotland. I have simply directed my patriotism into supporting the Scotland rugby team at Murrayfield, where everybody is in it together. Bears of an older vintage tell me it used to be like that at Hampden.

Norris, I followed Scotland from 1983ish up until that incident at Pittodrie. We used to run a bus to all Scotland games and it contained fans of Rangers, Hearts, Hibs, Falkirk and to a lesser extent Celtic. Going to Scotland games, even in that era, was a fantastic experience, and there was no anti-Rangers or anti-English racism then.

However, around the late 80's and early 90's that all changed when for some reason, the Scotland core fan-base changed from the above, to vocal majority being from the North East in particular.

One guy that used to go with us to all Scotland games was a Newcastle/Hibs fan who was born in Scotland, but due to his fathers enrollment in the armed forces, saw him grow up in the North East of England. He has followed Scotland everywhere but stopped after the last Scotland v England game where he was roundly abused by the TA as they believed, due to his accent that he was 'an english barsteward'.

I have another friend who still follows Scotland everywhere but has cut all ties with the TA due to their behaviour and their racism. Like you say, this will never see the light of day in the Scottish media, it has become acceptable racism.

Cammy F