2 minutes ago, Volbeater said:

Don’t forget we have part timers refereeing full time professional footballers. Changes needed. 

The refs get paid more for officiating at a match than a fair few of the top tier footballers in Scotland do for playing in it.

Hibernian head coach Neil Lennon has been charged by the Scottish FA after criticising the referee and being sent to the stands at the weekend.

Lennon, 46, faces two charges - "misconduct at a match" and criticism of decisions by match officials.

The Northern Irishman was sent off after Kilmarnock were awarded a penalty during Saturday's 2-2 draw at Rugby Park.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/43212756

Neil Lennon goes all Mario Balotelli as he asks 'Why always me?'

Hibs boss believes he is always made the villain of the piece as he hits out at his treatment.

The fire was still burning brightly inside Neil Lennon yesterday. Fuelled by a sense of injustice.

Not at the penalty decision he believes cost his side three points on Saturday but at being sent to the stand complaining about it. And with the nagging feeling he is treated differently from other managers.

The Hibs boss was hit with an SFA notice of complaint yesterday and has no issue with that. It was in the post from the minute he launched his verbals at Kevin Clancy at Rugby Park.

"I expected that to be the case," he said. "I didn't agree with the penalty decision and I didn't agree with being sent off.

"My reaction to the sending off was regrettable but it was adding insult to injury.

"From my point of view, I see other managers behave a lot worse than what my behaviour was on Saturday.

"Even when you see the referee come over to talk to me, I am stood there quite calmly.

"I disputed the penalty decision at the time like any other manager would.

"There was no conversation between me and the referee and I was sent straight to the stand.

"Hence my reaction, which I have already maintained that I regret. It's not the penalty decision, in the cold light of day you get these decisions.

"He's got a split second to make the decision. I thought it was wrong at the time and I still think it's wrong now, fine.

"But the sending-off I was far more upset about.

"They score the penalty, I'm thinking nothing of it, thinking of how I'm going to adjust my tactics, next thing the ref comes running over, no conversation, 'you're off to the stand', hence my reaction."

"Why I am always made out to be the villain of the piece? My behaviour is regrettable but surely I'm allowed to say that I don't agree with that costly decision."

Lennon believes Hibs have been on the wrong end of severap point-costing decisions this term - Rangers' David Bates' blatant handball in the clash at Easter Road and Oli Shaw's disallowed goal at Tynecastle just two of them - but is irked by the fact that he hasn't received a call offering apologies of explanations.

He added: "Everyone goes on about encouraging referees, I think we've had 28 games this season. After maybe 24 I've gone to the delegate and said what a good game the ref had, that doesn't get reported.

"I talk the Scottish game up as much as I can at times which is more than most but I'm always made out to be the villain of the piece somehow when I give an honest opinion.

"At Ross County last season, Alex Schalk dives, County get a penalty. Brendan (Rodgers) gets a phone call of an apology.

"So, we get a perfectly good goal disallowed and no phone call. Does that set a precedent?

"Where's the contact from the referees for me or any other manager? Or is just exclusive to Celtic?"

Having got that off his chest, Lennon looked to the vacancy left by Scott Brown in the Scotland midfield and believes his midfielder John McGinn can fill the void.

"I’m a bit surprised because Scott is only 32 and still looks in peak physical condition. Again, he was superb on Sunday against Aberdeen. He’s the best midfielder in the country at this stage I still think. I think it’s a big loss for Scotland.

“He’s obviously thinking he needs to cut that down a little bit - maybe ahead of next season, looking at Champions League again, and a lot of domestic fixtures.

“That’s maybe a gap for someone like John (McGinn). I thought he had a fine game against Holland, I think he is playing really, really well. We just want him to maintain that.

“Obviously my focus is not Scotland. but if he gets picked for Scotland that means he is doing something right for Hibs and, with the form he has shown this season he will be in the squads for the forthcoming games.”

Hibs host Hamilton tonight with defender Paul Hanlon hoping to be back in defence after missing Saturday's game to be at the birth of his son - and incurring the wrath of his wife Danielle in the process for trying to listen to the score at Rugby Park.

Hanlon smiled: “The last couple of nights have had plenty of broken sleep, which is not what I’m used to, but it’s all worth it.

“He’s a baby boy, but he doesn’t have a name yet. Hopefully we’ll get that sorted in the next couple of days. He arrived on Friday night and Danielle had quite a long labour, starting around half-past four on Thursday afternoon and finishing on Friday night.

“There was no sleep or eating during that time, just grinding through with her. I didn’t get back in the house until around 1:30 a.m. on Saturday so when it came to an early kick-off against Kilmarnock, I wouldn’t have been in any fit state to play.

“I tried to leave it as late as possible, but I had to text the physio to say there’s no way I could do it, especially getting through to Kilmarnock. You don’t want to let people down.

“I never even watched the game, I was in the post-natal ward with her and the wee man all day. I was trying to keep an eye on it, but the signal in the hospital wasn’t great. It was one of those: she’s in pain and can’t get out her bed - and I’m trying to keep up with the score!”

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/neil-lennon-goes-mario-balotelli-12098875

Lennon making out he's only misbehaved once this season.  Is he forgetting his behaviour in the 2-3 match at Ibrox - he was at his NEDdy best.

Playing the victim card, even when being pulled up for misbehaviour, is classic yahoo modus operandi.  He really does epitomise everything wrong with that sort.  The SFA need to make an example of him.  

Edited by Gonzo79

Thank goodness they’ve charged him.

He is partially right - he is treated differerently.

That is because there is no other manager who acts like as big as an obvious scumbag as him.