4-5-1 for the Cup Final then?

The introduction of McCulloch yesterday showed that Smith certainly still has his say in Cup game matters or that McCoist agrees with him. ;)

The fact he came on ahead of Edu and went on to play the holding role (before being forced to centre-half) shows that we will undoubtedly be playing 4-5-1 this Sunday...

Can't see Fleck, Aaron or Beasley getting into the team either so that means either Miller of Lafferty being played on the left wing as well.

Surely we should be taking the game to Celtic than being wary of a team that is no better than us and is having defensive and goalscoring problems? 4-5-1 can be a decent system when required. Next week it isn't.

If McCulloch starts, it's Smith's team.

I can't understand how putting Lafferty or Miller on the wing is going to pose problems to Celtic. Novo would be a better proposition. Would be happy enough to start Aaron but would have reservations about Fleck in the starting line-up to be perfectly honest.

Does anyone else think after yesterday's performance Smith might play Whittaker at right-back ahead of Broadfoot?

Nah, I think Broadfoot will play again despite Whittaker's impressive display yesterday...

KB seems to have the hex over McGeady so I can't see us changing our right back unless KB's foot problem forces him out.

I'd posted this thread before Ian remembered me about Novo so I guess he could play wide left. But that means dropping Miller or Lafferty which I can't see happening as they seem to be our best attackers at the moment (which isn't saying too much).

Originally Posted by Frankie View Post

KB seems to have the hex over McGeady

I love that statement.

Yes a bit the same as Hutton keeps McGeady in his back pocket.:)

They knew Hutton was top class, but they bang on about how bad Broadfoot is and time and again he has McGeady for breakfast.

I'm sure I remember thinking, the first time Broadfoot was up against McGeady, how much we would miss Hutton. It wasn't that McGeady ripped him apart or anything.

But he did seem to have the beating of Broadfoot, however, as is usual with McGeady, after beating his man he didn't have a final ball, any end product.

Since then Broadfoot has kept him quiet and if anything it is McGeady who has been taken the piss out of whilst trying to defend.

I'm sure I remember thinking, the first time Broadfoot was up against McGeady, how much we would miss Hutton. It wasn't that McGeady ripped him apart or anything.

But he did seem to have the beating of Broadfoot, however, as is usual with McGeady, after beating his man he didn't have a final ball, any end product.

Since then Broadfoot has kept him quiet and if anything it is McGeady who has been taken the piss out of whilst trying to defend.

Hey you, admin primadona, have you got time to be slumming it with us ordinary members, you with a match preview to write and all?:)

Nothing less than the full 500 words will do and it had better be good.:devil:

Hey you, admin primadona, have you got time to be slumming it with us ordinary members, you with a match preview to write and all?:)

Nothing less than the full 500 words will do and it had better be good.:devil:

:box:

Mine are always good. :D

500 words they say. Will need to keep it concise then.