Unacceptable, Inexplicable But Totally Predictable

It isn't the 4-5-1 that particularly irks me. It has its place and is a useful tactic. However, sometimes if it isn't working, then you must move from it. On Sunday we failed to do that.

Celtic did change from a 4-5-1 to a 4-4-2 and it could be said it won them the game as when Samaras came on they looked more dangerous and held possession better in the final third.

Meanwhile, when Boyd came on for us, the opposite could be said as he couldn't provide an outlet and, other than Novo, we couldn't get men forward to support the attack.

These problems are not anything new for us. But they keep occurring which is surely unacceptable for any fan - Smith supporter or not.

I mentioned to my mate a disturbing fact which was the possession factor, we had a 5 man midfield but could really keep hold of the ball, Scott Brown outclassed Fergie, Mendes and Davis on his own. I still hope Walter refrains from the 4-5-1 but I see your point about Boyd, he did look clumsy and awkward on Sunday and can't seem to keep the ball for any length of time, he also looks extremely immobile at the moment.