Unacceptable, Inexplicable But Totally Predictable

Yip, and we are really going to get offers to take the likes of Adam, Gow, Webster, Weir, Velicka, Hendami et al off our hands :whistle::confused:

Well, we all knew that Hemdani was for the off in the summer. Weir is a retirement candidate anyway who may well get a zimmer off the lads as a going away present for a laugh. Adam, we may well see returning from Blackpool, but they might want to sign Gow, since he's scored 5 goals for them when their top scorer's only netted 6. Not sure about Webster & Velicka though.

Sorry Shroomz but whilst I admire your positivity - to completely ignore anything negative going on at our club is nothing but folly.

That's not what I'm doing at all though Craig. I just don't see any point in ranting about the downfall of the club & making out that the end is nigh, when it actually isn't. Yes, we're in worrying times & I don't deny that, but I'm still almost certain & very optimistic that we'll come through them relatively unscathed.

That's not what I'm doing at all though Craig. I just don't see any point in ranting about the downfall of the club & making out that the end is nigh, when it actually isn't. Yes, we're in worrying times & I don't deny that, but I'm still almost certain & very optimistic that we'll come through them relatively unscathed.

Again I admire your positivity. However, our financial future looks bleak.

1. SDM wants to sell, no-one seems interested.

2. We have sizeable debts which are hurting financially, even the interest payments.

3. The only way we can buy is to sell. However, looking at our financial state the likelihood is that we will sell the likes of Bougherra for a nice profit but the replacements will not cost nearly as much (if indeed we do re-invest). Given our perilous financial predicament the chances are that we would be selling to lower debts. Yes, we could "do a Cuellar" by selling a prize asset and bringing someone in who looks just as good (Bougherra) for a fraction of the cost. However, it will only take one or two failed attempts at this and we are back to square one (and, it could be argued, that this happened last pre-season - 2 mill for Kenny Miller...... who would pay to buy him now ? 1 mill for Velicka - see Miller. 2.6 for Edu - the list goes on). Simply put we have to sell to buy - but we have to be WISE in doing so. We can't afford transfer market mistakes - which makes it a very precarious position to be in.

4. If we have to sell to buy and even then we will likely see more money coming in than going out (I actually hope this IS the case because the other alternative doesnt bear thinking about given our finances) then will we be a stronger team for it ? Quite possibly not, although this is very subjective at this stage.

5. Given the low debts and, on the face of it, the better fiscal management and prudence, on the other side of the city it would appear that one half of the OF is on somewhat of an even financial footing whilst the other is dangerously close to the precipice - and we know who is who...... makes it worrying in terms of how we "catch up". We can only be thankful for their ineptitude too and that they have a poor manager (albeit one that has won 3 in a row, and going for 4).

6. We have ZERO vision at the top in our club.

See, I would love to share your optimism (and I am forever an optimist anyway) but there are so many negatives about our club right now that outweight the positives that I simply struggle to share the optimism.

I sure hope we see the pendulum swing our way once more but whilst we have the people "leading" the club that we have at present then I fear it will be a very long, dark, road for us.

And I can't see how we come through these troubled times "relatively unscathed" - at least not with the management (Chairman, CEO, manager et al) that we currently have. Hope I am wrong.

Also, dont think that because we are an "institution" that we wont go under. Celtic very nearly did but for McCann and we could too. It could actually be argued that we are in a more likely position to go under than they were because the economy was nowhere near as bad when he took over, there was value in buying Celtic and the credit markets were easier to gain access to.

This is how I see our financial predicament Craig:- Win the SPL title 3 out of 4 including this season, whilst being more thrifty than we have been of late & the debt will be all but gone. Lets not kid ourselves here. The pendulum is only moored in the green half of the city because they've been winning titles. The pendulum is going to be dislodged & swing back our way as soon as we start winning the SPL again... no doubt. Winning streaks always come to an end. As long as we can survive until theirs comes to end, we're not going anywhere in a hurry.

This is how I see our financial predicament Craig:- Win the SPL title 3 out of 4 including this season, whilst being more thrifty than we have been of late & the debt will be all but gone. Lets not kid ourselves here. The pendulum is only moored in the green half of the city because they've been winning titles. The pendulum is going to be dislodged & swing back our way as soon as we start winning the SPL again... no doubt. Winning streaks always come to an end. As long as we can survive until theirs comes to end, we're not going anywhere in a hurry.

You're on the Carlsberg tonight Shroomz aren't you? :)

Such swings don't just happen automatically though Shroomz.

It takes hard work, belief, passion and character to win back titles never mind win 3 out of 4. Some of these attributes are sadly missing from many areas of the club - even the fans; yours truly included.

And they've not just went missing recently either. They've been missing for almost 10 years on the kind of level required to become the dominant force again.

Shroomz, is that you?

:)