Unacceptable, Inexplicable But Totally Predictable

The way I saw the game on Sunday was that the first half was non eventful, but pretty even, whereas in the second half we looked by far the better team & should have scored at least 1 goal to win it in normal time. If we'd done that & lifted the cup Walter wouldn't be getting berated except for perhaps introducing Daily, which by all accounts was moronic.

Not in my eyes. Rangers FC shouldn't be content with merely matching a sh1t Celtc team and then scoring a goal to win 1-0 playing a very defensive formation. That is three games, plus 30 minutes of injury time that we've failed to score against a rank rotten Celtc team. Totally unacceptable.

Rangers should be attacking Celtc from start to finish, harrying them all over the pitch, biting into tackles, imposing themselves from the 1st minute. We are better, or should be better than playing 4-5-1 in domestic games, especially cup finals.

As someone said on another thread, Mr Struth, Mr Waddell and Mr Wallace will be spinning in their graves.

Before an OF game, when the teams were lined up in the tunnel, Jock Wallace used to make a point of walking past the teams before they entered the pitch. As he reached the mouth of the tunnel, he'd turn and shout 'What was the cry Doddie'. Alex McDonald would reply 'NO SURRENDER Jock'. Well, it appears that we have surrendered and surrendered weakly.

Cammy F

Before an OF game, when the teams were lined up in the tunnel, Jock Wallace used to make a point of walking past the teams before they entered the pitch. As he reached the mouth of the tunnel, he'd turn and shout 'What was the cry Doddie'. Alex McDonald would reply 'NO SURRENDER Jock'. Well, it appears that we have surrendered and surrendered weakly.

Cammy F

He'd be up in court on a BOTP charge if he did that today.

The way I saw the game on Sunday was that the first half was non eventful, but pretty even, whereas in the second half we looked by far the better team & should have scored at least 1 goal to win it in normal time. If we'd done that & lifted the cup Walter wouldn't be getting berated except for perhaps introducing Daily, which by all accounts was moronic.

Celtic had a couple of very decent chances in the 1st half whilst we had none of note. Can't agree that it was an even first half.

We had the better of the 2nd but they were better in the first and could have been a couple of goals to the good.

Not in my eyes. Rangers FC shouldn't be content with merely matching a sh1t Celtc team and then scoring a goal to win 1-0 playing a very defensive formation. That is three games, plus 30 minutes of injury time that we've failed to score against a rank rotten Celtc team. Totally unacceptable.

Sorry Cammy, but I think you're being over the top again. All I've been reading on here is about how shite Celtic are & how disgraceful it is that we're not walking all over them time & time again. Well the reality of the situation is that neither Old Firm team are top class at the moment, but neither are 'shit' or 'rank rotten' either, so to call their team 'shit' when they're not & use it as an excuse to complain about our own standards is just plain wrong. We've both got squads that can normally give quality European opposition a really competitive game, so that doesn't equate to being shit or rank rotten in my book. FWIW, maybe you can tell me when the last time was that we had a squad who consistently went out & trounced the mhanks.

Rangers should be attacking Celtc from start to finish, harrying them all over the pitch, biting into tackles, imposing themselves from the 1st minute.

Now this, I agree with. It's doing exactly that which gave them the win in extra time at the weekend. Their second goal was never a penalty though.

Sorry Cammy, but I think you're being over the top again. All I've been reading on here is about how shite Celtic are & how disgraceful it is that we're not walking all over them time & time again. Well the reality of the situation is that neither Old Firm team are top class at the moment, but neither are 'shit' or 'rank rotten' either, so to call their team 'shit' when they're not & use it as an excuse to complain about our own standards is just plain wrong. We've both got squads that can normally give quality European opposition a really competitive game, so that doesn't equate to being shit or rank rotten in my book. FWIW, maybe you can tell me when the last time was that we had a squad who consistently went out & trounced the mhanks.

Now this, I agree with. It's doing exactly that which gave them the win in extra time at the weekend. Their second goal was never a penalty though.

You can't trounce them all the time, that is not what I said. But to stand a chance of winning the game you have to play to your strengths, capitalise on their weaknesses, have your players coached properally and have the prepared for the game.

Just because Celtc are sh1t, and they are, doesn't excuse us for being sh1t (and we are). If SDM had invested properly when we were lightyears ahead of them over a decade ago, we would have been uncatchable. As it was, SDM was and still is guilty of gross missmanagement. Lets not forget that they were minutes away from being closed down. For a Chairman to have allowed them to overtake us is unforgiveable.

I'm not asking for us to spend �£Millions on players and wages, I am asking that Rangers are the standard setters on and off the pitch. We are the model that clubs follow and look on with envy. There are many ways to sign and develop great players. Look at clubs like AZ Alkmar, Ajax, FC Copenhagen et al who, through financial prudity (sp) and having a successful youth programme have managed stable domestic triumph whilst also doing reasonabley well in Europe.

This all comes down to leadership, to having a direction, to having goals and being held accountable to those goals. We have nothing, I repeat nothing and are heading for oblivion.

Cammy F

We have nothing, I repeat nothing and are heading for oblivion.

I disagree & no matter how much it's shoved down my throat, I'll never believe that The End is Nigh when it isn't.

I disagree & no matter how much it's shoved down my throat, I'll never believe that The End is Nigh when it isn't.

Depends on your definition of "oblivion" I guess. While I can't see us going out of business, I can certainly see us spending a decade in the wilderness barring something huge happening.

Just because Celtc are sh1t, and they are, doesn't excuse us for being sh1t (and we are).

Total nonsense mate. Neither team are anywhere near being 'shit'. By what sort of standards do you deem that both of the OF are shit? Ok, even the top 2 Scottish teams who've got the best players can't afford to go out & spend over 40 million on players in a single transfer window like clubs in the EPL & abroad. We can't afford to bring in the world class players that we'd like, but that doesn't mean we're 'shit'. You just need to look at the record of the 2 OF teams in Europe in the last 5 seasons to see that we're far from being 'shit', so I'd like to know where you draw your definition of a 'shit' team from.

OK, so where will we be in six months time? If we win the SPL we will have to sell lose 8 players, that isn't a matter of opinion, our esteemed Chairman has stated this publically.

If we lose the SPL title, that will be 4 seasons without a title and only 2 SPL titles in almost a DECADE. This will mean that we have no automatic route into the CL so we'll be required to sell more players to compensate for the potential loss of CL money.

We have struggled to win the SPL title with what could be described as a decent squad (although it isn't being utilised to it's full potential). So how are we going to mount a serious challange minus at least 8 players?

That is my summation of where Rangers will be in 6 months time, do you honestly see it differently? If so, I'd gladly hear your thoughts as of yet, you haven't offered any insight as to how this is all going to magically turn itself around to our advantage.

Cammy F