FIVE Gers first teamers will join George Burley's Scotland squad for the international double header with Holland and Iceland at the end of the month.

Kirk BroadfootThe Scots travel to Holland to face the group leaders on March 28 before returning to Glasgow to host Iceland at Hampden on April 1.

Allan McGregor will once again vie with Craig Gordon for the starting spot between the sticks with four of his Ibrox team mates also hoping for a starting berth.

Kenny Miller is expected to fill a lone striking role in Amsterdam with Barry Ferguson certain to captain the team against the Dutch.

Davie Weir is again selected in the pool of defenders as he looks for his 64th cap for the national side.

Kirk Broadfoot will face competition for the right back spot from returning former Ger Alan Hutton who is back in the squad after an injury hit period with Spurs.

Broadfoot, who scored against Iceland on his international debut, could switch to left back if Hutton is recalled, with the pair lining up that way against Argentina in a Hampden friendly.

FULL SQUAD

Goalkeepers

Craig Gordon (Sunderland)

ALLAN McGREGOR (Rangers)

David Marshall (Norwich City)

Defenders

Graham Alexander (Burnley)

Darren Barr (Falkirk)

Christophe Berra (Wolverhampton W.)

KIRK BROADFOOT (Rangers)

Gary Caldwell (Celtic)

Alan Hutton (Tottenham Hotspur)

Jamie McAllister (Bristol City)

Stephen McManus (Celtic)

Gary Naysmith (Sheffield United)

DAVID WEIR (Rangers)

Midfield

Scott Brown (Celtic)

Kris Commons (Derby County)

BARRY FERGUSON (Rangers)

Darren Fletcher (Manchester United)

Paul Hartley (Celtic)

James Morrison (West Bromwich Albion)

Gavin Rae (Cardiff City)

Gary Teale (Derby County)

Forwards

David Clarkson (Motherwell)

Steven Fletcher (Hibernian)

Chris Iwelumo (Wolverhampton W.)

Ross McCormack (Cardiff City)

KENNY MILLER (Rangers)

And it'll only be Miller and Fergie that start the match probably. I've a horrible feeling Burley will opt for Gordon ahead of McGregor just because of his previous experience in the Scotland jersey.

I know there are a lot of guys on here who don't follow Scotland,however Scotland play this Saturday away to Holland as we all know. Looking at the squad above and with a few of these players who are not going to make it, Broadfoot, McManus ?, Hutton ?, I can see a proper hammering on the cards, I normally look forward to the Scotland games but I am not looking forward to this game at all, having said that I will watch it.............from behind the sofa.

http://www.theherald.co.uk/sport/headlines/display.var.2497199.0.Injury_problems_mount_for_Scotland.php

Edited by ian1964

It amazes me that after all these years we haven't found a better left back than Gary Naysmith.

What happened to that young guy from Derby, I forget his name, but he looked quite promising

Jay McEvely? Been farmed out on loan to Preston and Charlton in recent months.

That's the guy, cheers, as I said I thought he looked like a good prospect, a bit raw but he did show promise