All aboard the Offended Bus ââ?¬â?? International Edition

It is with increasing comedic value that I read the weeksââ?¬â?¢ papers and websites. Media sensationalism bordering on satire indeed! Unfortunately one finds it difficult to laugh when the stuff that has hit the fan is affecting my club as much as any ââ?¬â?? if not more.

Firstly, I think it is important to point out that the behaviour of several Scotland players (senior and junior) this week is nowhere near as bad as has been painted. A group ââ?¬Ë?bonding sessionââ?¬â?¢ ââ?¬â?? sanctioned by the manager ââ?¬â?? which runs over-time and concludes in a few songs and harsh words is nothing new in football ââ?¬â?? never mind the Scotland international scene. Nonetheless, such public (or rather publicised) displays of excess and indiscipline isnââ?¬â?¢t really appreciated as both my international team and club side struggle to find success or quality in recent times.

Of course, it would be rather hypocritical of me to complain as I�ve certainly found solace in a beer or two after being part of such disappointments. None of us are perfect and occasionally we all make bad decisions. Unfortunately, the events of the last week do point to a more serious and ongoing problem in our wee country: that being the inexplicable addiction to and need for negativity.

The continual negativity in our national sport is affecting our performance. Despite the various positives that can be examined, the preference for mischief-making and controversy is too strong for some. And at every level ââ?¬â?? not just from the omnipresent media hacks!

Irrespective of what players were involved in the Cameron House Sunday soir�©e, who was most drunk, who sang what songs and who told which American businessman to mind oneâ��s own business; the ensuing coverage will only result in further grief for our game. And we should all be embarrassed here.

From senior football players who prefer alcohol and playground behaviour to self-respect and discipline; to managers with no idea how to handle such egos; to Chief Executives continually on the run from bad publicity; to Presidents more interested in their own profile than the game declining at all levels; to media figures sensationalising and saturating any issue to safe-guard their own finances amid the perpetual negativity; to supporters delighting in pointing the finger to avoid their own club�s problems. Where and when the line be drawn? Indeed, is there even a line anymore as it seems anything goes?

I just await Alex Salmond and his political hypocrites in their Edinburgh thinking pods boarding the offended bus so they can take another opportunity to deflect from their obvious failings as our countryââ?¬â?¢s banks go bust and crime rises all the while. Iââ?¬â?¢m sure Iââ?¬â?¢m not the only person who has noted the irony in a country that proclaims independence but doesnââ?¬â?¢t even have the maturity to look after itself at any level ââ?¬â?? highlighted by the Scotland captain drinking like a fish and our First Ministerââ?¬â?¢s bloated figure bumbling into any and every debate.

What great examples for the next generation.

And I�m offended too. I�m offended that out of all those people none appear to see beyond their own self-interest to repair our country�s real problems. How about they do their jobs instead of deflecting the blame onto others? From football to politics the country isn�t something to be proud of right now. That�s the truth of all this coverage. That�s the ultimate conclusion.

Where have the true leaders of men gone? I see only cowards.

A 5 year old boy stuck his tongue out at me this morning. Needless to say I was grossly offended as I hate 5 year old boys who go to a certain school.

Should I blame his parents, should I complain to his school or the local authority, maybe the police and social work should be asked to intervene ?

I think my MP and MSP should be advised that this kind of thing is going on in their constituency and what are they going to do about it. Maybe a question to be put to Gordon Brown at PM's question Time ?

Or...........maybe I should have stuck my tongue out back at him and end of story. I'm sure his mum will tell him not to be a cheeky boy and he will learn that it was not nice.

Ferguson and McGregor made complete arses of themselves, a) being caught and b) doing it in the first place.

They were 2 very naughty boys and should not be allowed back to the Scotland Party until they mend their ways, end of story.

And I�m offended too. I�m offended that out of all those people none appear to see beyond their own self-interest to repair our country�s real problems. How about they do their jobs instead of deflecting the blame onto others? From football to politics the country isn�t something to be proud of right now. That�s the truth of all this coverage. That�s the ultimate conclusion.

Where have the true leaders of men gone? I see only cowards.

Bold - could not have been said better mate.

The rest, hurtfully factual.

Sorry i disagree totally with this. In fact it is Frankie just doing what he is blaming others of doing jumping on the bandwagon. Alex Salmond has and should have nothing to do with this. Frankie is using this to take a cheap swipe at Alex salmond and that is wrong. It is following the same lines as Spiers and Co in turning a football story political. Sorry Frankie i love your football stuff but this is a poorly thought out political swipe that the Gersnet should not be involved in.

I a Gersnet lover am offended by this post god knows what a neutral person thinks.

Agree with every word Frankie.. except that you see only cowards. There's a lot more to it than that. We should all know fine well what the current situation is in this country, but the 'opinion' polls are not fair game. It should be the jobs of the leaders around the country to disregard biased opinion polls & make the appropriate decisions where necessary.

Sorry i disagree totally with this. In fact it is Frankie just doing what he is blaming others of doing jumping on the bandwagon. Alex Salmond has and should have nothing to do with this. Frankie is using this to take a cheap swipe at Alex salmond and that is wrong. It is following the same lines as Spiers and Co in turning a football story political. Sorry Frankie i love your football stuff but this is a poorly thought out political swipe that the Gersnet should not be involved in.

I a Gersnet lover am offended by this post god knows what a neutral person thinks.

Alex Salmond HAS got previous for involving himself in football matters which don't concern him. Look at his team GB comments. No reason to think that he won't want to stick his neb in again.

Alex Salmond HAS got previous for involving himself in football matters which don't concern him. Look at his team GB comments. No reason to think that he won't want to stick his neb in again.

The point is Frankie is doing exactly what he is blaming AS of doing. Whether he has a previous or not he should only be judged when he has sinned and not judged for something he may or may not do. If Graham Speirs had written this article about a Rangers person we would be up in arms.

Lets put all murderers who have served their sentences back in jail because they have a previous and just might murder again. sorry this is a poor swipe at AS nothing more nothing less.

The point is Frankie is doing exactly what he is blaming AS of doing. Whether he has a previous or not he should only be judged when he has sinned and not judged for something he may or may not do. If Graham Speirs had written this article about a Rangers person we would be up in arms.

Lets put all murderers who have served their sentences back in jail because they have a previous and just might murder again. sorry this is a poor swipe at AS nothing more nothing less.

Agreed, but it's just indicitive of the frustration and annoyance that many of us have with Salmond and his games.

For example, you meantion jail. The SNP's policy of who goes into jail leave me with no confidence as they want to do away with sentences of 6 months or under. The fact that over 80% of knife crimes result in sentences of under 6 months is more than a little concerning. (Just a gratuitous dig at Salmond, seeing that he has kept his mouth shut on the footie so far :D)

Salmond, like ALL politicians, cannot resist leaping on any bandwagon which appears to enjoy overwhelming support amongst the masses. By associating themselves with any populist opinion, they believe this makes them popular also.

Any politician will jump at the chance to be asked about this BF/AMcG situation.

Think about Gordon Brown commenting on the demise of " racist " Jade Goody for example.

Clever politicians will wait until the whole truth emerges.

Wait and see !