Breaking News: Ferguson Transfer Listed and McGregor suspended

Regarding the whole Ferguson/McGregor thing, I'm a bit undecided on how I feel about the issue.

I've already said that the guys were an embarrassment - particularly in their schoolboy gestures at Hampden. However, I do feel being banned from the Scotland team and pretty much the same from the Rangers team is somewhat of an overreaction. A suspension/fine was adequate enough IMO.

IMO this now sets a dangerous precedent for future decisions. There have been many examples in the past (recent or otherwise) of players letting down their club or country with regard to drinking a few too many beers or gesturing during games. Do we ban every player for every incident now?

Sure, I'm happy that our club has put their foot down. For too long players have had the upper hand with it comes to misbehaving while making fortunes from the club/fans they're supposed to represent. However, we must be careful not to cut our nose off to spite our face on such issues. That goes for Rangers and Scotland.

honestly, the sticking the vicky up thing is the most cringeworthily embaressing episode ever. drinking thing is out of proportion. but the only reason bf and am are transfer listed is because we need money.

The cynical part of me agrees with you but how can we seriously expect to get much money (if any) for these players now.

Meanwhile both are earning around �£50K p/week between them while they don't play.

Before this nonsense, Ferguson was perhaps worth around �£1-2million and McGregor perhaps �£3-5million as both were experienced international players. Now, neither are internationals, have behaviour issues and Rangers want rid of them (apparently).

Who'd pay those values now?

The cynical part of me agrees with you but how can we seriously expect to get much money (if any) for these players now.

i actually agree that it's illogical, but i think our dealings in the transfer market have always tended this way. even announcing that our players are for sale at all (as has happpened a lot recently) devalues them. i honestly think that players have to go, and that having a Very Good Reason for having these players go, rather than calling it downsizing, would be too much to miss for those who are in control of the purse strings.

i dont think the events of the past week will vastly change the fee; no-one bought in at the higher prices at christmas. the only thing that's changed is that the club now have a reason and the backing of the press.

Meanwhile both are earning around �£50K p/week between them while they don't play.

this is true; it's money wasted, but i have the suspicion that barry wants to go (why was he acting like that in the first place if all was well?), walter wants him gone, sdm wants everyone gone, and now there's a narrative spun round it that everyone can believe in.

Before this nonsense, Ferguson was perhaps worth around �£1-2million and McGregor perhaps �£3-5million as both were experienced international players. Now, neither are internationals, have behaviour issues and Rangers want rid of them (apparently).

Who'd pay those values now?

who'd pay them in the first place?

i think the decision's already been made that the higher wage players have to go regardless of fee. we've not been knocking back initial offers; we've been taking anything, without haggling. i think they'd ideally like the most money, but will be happy to take what they can get and stop paying the wages. that's all just projection.

for me personally, ferguson and the sticking up the vicky thing really just excludes himself for ever captaining anything. not as any form of just punishment for badness, it's just not captain, first-among-equals, material. "ah, so it turns out you're not a men among boys, and so really shouldn't be a captain". all the punishments are over the top, and i dont think many people are acting for the reasons they say they are, even if i agree with the reasons. it's a shambles.