Breaking News: Ferguson Transfer Listed and McGregor suspended

I don't condone the players actions in the slightest, but this definitely stinks of over-reaction in my opinion. Burley says Fergie is still Scotland captain despite having dropped him to the bench > SFA bosses re-evaluate after an inevitable torrent of complaints & media vultures swarming on the issue like flies round a cow pat > SFA decide they are 'forced' to take a firm stance > RFC capitulate to media & to a lesser extent SFA pressure & their own annoyance at the players' actions by taking further actions... this is a little snowball that turned into an avalanche imo! How many players & managers regularly get away with showing the fingers to opposition fans in front of the mhedia? I don't condone doing that, but you can't have one rule, set of guidelines & recorded disciplinary action for players & managers in Scotland & something different when it comes to rangers. I smell a cow pat with mhedia swarming around it.

I don't even understand why the Scotland team arrived back in Scotland at that time in the morning ?, why did they not just stay over in Holland and take the 1 hour flight back home the next day ?, on arrival why did Burley sanction the players to go and have a drink ?, why were BF & Shagger the only ones to be dropped for the Iceland game when the likes of Brown only beat them to bed by 20-30min ?

I don't even understand why the Scotland team arrived back in Scotland at that time in the morning ?, why did they not just stay over in Holland and take the 1 hour flight back home the next day ?, on arrival why did Burley sanction the players to go and have a drink ?, why were BF & Shagger the only ones to be dropped for the Iceland game when the likes of Brown only beat them to bed by 20-30min ?

Have to agree that they should have stayed in Holland. Either way, I don't see there being a problem with the players having a sesh after it was sanctioned. Burley might be a muppet, but he's not THAT daft, so he would have known the lads would be up till all hours shooting the shit & trying to have a laugh. The whole things just been blown way out of proportion by a mhedia that thinks Scottish people are generally stupid enough to want to read 25 pages in a paper about J. Goody kicking the bucket. Like Craig said, you'd think there would be more important news to report... and indeed there IS, but apparently we're either not fit to hear it or just all daft enough to accept what's served up for us!

Time now for ALL Rangers players to withdraw their services from the national team. It'll be a decision that makes the SFA happy, the tartan army happy and the majority of the Rangers fans happy.

Cammy F

Time now for ALL Rangers players to withdraw their services from the national team. It'll be a decision that makes the SFA happy, the tartan army happy and the majority of the Rangers fans happy.

Cammy F

Will it make Gordon Smith happy? Whether you like it or not if we don't have a strong national team we will become a backwater, revenue will dry up etc. and we've already lost CL money. Also consider this: some Scottish players may not want to come to Rangers if it means they cannot advance their careers by playing international football.

Don't allow your (understandable) negative feelings towards some neanderthals in the Tartan army to cloud your reason.

This is ridiculous :(

The media coverage of the 'Boozegate' incident was way OTT, but this? This is beyond a joke. If the players were guilty of misconduct they should have been sent home, but instead they were hung out to dry. Let's not kid ourselves - Burley might not be the brightest of sparks but he knew fine well what he was doing when he stuck them on the bench.

I also doubt very much that the players made those gestures to the press. Apparently the shots were taken before kick-off ...probably while they were being booed by thirty odd thousand Scotland 'supporters' and it wouldn't surprise me in the least if the gesture was in response to provocation from a nearby shower of MOPES.

I'm not condoning their actions, but many a player or manager has made more of a fool of himself when backed into less of a corner - you can be damn sure Burley would.

The Scotland ban issue aside, I really don't see why Rangers had to punish the players further. They weren't representing Rangers after all. Would Bougherra, Mendes, Davis or Lafferty get suspended by the club if they did something similar on international duty? I don't think so.

Stripped of the captaincy? That seems very harsh. I sincerely hope the speculation (and that's all it is so far) that their Rangers days are over doesn't turn out to be true as despite their deficiencies they are the quality of player we'll struggle to replace. On that note, I do find it strange that WS didn't think it was necessary to tell the other players about the situation - especially Davie Weir who must have been caught like a rabbit in the headlights as he was told he was taking over the captaincy by the mhedia hordes tonight.

Very bizarre. :confused:

UCF, of course they were representing Rangers. The captain of Rangers is always representing Rangers, and if he is unable to realise that then he isn't fit for that position. I don't believe that there was any way that Fergie could keep the captaincy after his recent behaviour.

The players were sent home after boozegate. They were only reinstated when Burley found out that 5 others were involved, and he would have ahd to drop Brown as well. Burley was put in an almost impossible position, albeit, one that he had a large hand in creating.

Shroomz, Burley said Fergie was still his captain prior to him finding out about the gestures. That was what has really killed them.

Never mind, when we lose the league, we can always blame BF & Shagger

Probably said tongue in cheek by you but I agree. They're immature and pathetic signs aimed at the cameras during the Iceland game are nothing short of childish. Role models? Aye rrrrrrrrrrrright!