Falkirk 0 : 1 Rangers - Player Ratings and MoM Poll

Smiths tactics yet again dragging the whole team down into oblivion.

fleck is already on the downward spiral. Like lafferty he is playing out of position and is no left winger.

Get out this summer young man before your career goes down the pan.

Walter has already explained that it's easier to bring a young forward in as a winger as there is less pressure on them to score. If Fleck can't play that position then he's just not a prospect he's made out to be, and there's no point giving him a first team place, especially as a striker.

Playing on the wing is part of his apprenticeship, just as you play other parts of the team before you play quarterback.

Playing on the wing is part of his apprenticeship, just as you play other parts of the team before you play quarterback.

Not when you are playing in the pro leagues you don't.

gisabeer, I am not sure I would blame Smith's tactics though. Damned if you do and damned if you don't. Last season there was nothing but complaints about the 4-5-1 formation. So what did he do ? He changed it to a 4-4-2 formation, which everyone was screaming for.

Now we have everyone blaming his tactics but I am pretty sure he isnt requesting his team to lump high balls up the park all the time. In fact, watch his post-match interview and he stresses how poor Rangers were at getting the ball down and how poor they were in possession and how poor they were in giving the ball away. Unless he is flat out lying (which I doubt) then he didn't want high balls pumped into the box.

At times you have to question the PLAYERS, not the manager. On Sunday we had far too many players who seemed happy enough to hide and contribute next to nothing. The Manager can only try to combat that pre-match and at half-time - once on the pitch he can only scream instructions but can't force them into changing their attitude.

Sometimes it's not even an attitude, sometimes as a team, you just can't get it together.

I had that kind of game today in our inter-departmental tournament. We totally dominated the first half and missed about 5 or 6 chances including a few sitters, while they had none. In the second half they came out of the blocks and we struggled to get back into the game.

We ended up scoring but then were under siege for the rest of the game with a few scares. We are a much better team but just couldn't seem to make it count.

We should have been 3-0 up at half time and that would have made a massive difference to how we played in the second half. But instead we got a bit nervy trying to get the necessary goal and then trying not to give away our lead and our game really suffered.

We we all up for it so I don't think it was attitude. Sometimes and in certain circumstances you just don't seem to be able to play well even though you have the better players.

The main trouble with Rangers is that it's happening too often this season.

Sometimes it's not even an attitude, sometimes as a team, you just can't get it together.

I had that kind of game today in our inter-departmental tournament. We totally dominated the first half and missed about 5 or 6 chances including a few sitters, while they had none. In the second half they came out of the blocks and we struggled to get back into the game.

We ended up scoring but then were under siege for the rest of the game with a few scares. We are a much better team but just couldn't seem to make it count.

We should have been 3-0 up at half time and that would have made a massive difference to how we played in the second half. But instead we got a bit nervy trying to get the necessary goal and then trying not to give away our lead and our game really suffered.

We we all up for it so I don't think it was attitude. Sometimes and in certain circumstances you just don't seem to be able to play well even though you have the better players.

The main trouble with Rangers is that it's happening too often this season.

Yeh, sometimes you get games like that. But as you acknowledge, it's happening far to often for us.

Not when you are playing in the pro leagues you don't.

gisabeer, I am not sure I would blame Smith's tactics though. Damned if you do and damned if you don't. Last season there was nothing but complaints about the 4-5-1 formation. So what did he do ? He changed it to a 4-4-2 formation, which everyone was screaming for.

Now we have everyone blaming his tactics but I am pretty sure he isnt requesting his team to lump high balls up the park all the time. In fact, watch his post-match interview and he stresses how poor Rangers were at getting the ball down and how poor they were in possession and how poor they were in giving the ball away. Unless he is flat out lying (which I doubt) then he didn't want high balls pumped into the box.

At times you have to question the PLAYERS, not the manager. On Sunday we had far too many players who seemed happy enough to hide and contribute next to nothing. The Manager can only try to combat that pre-match and at half-time - once on the pitch he can only scream instructions but can't force them into changing their attitude.

craig our midfield rarely came over the half way line. we surrendered the middle of the park for the majority of the game. smith is setting his stall out in his usual get bodies behind the ball way. Its ok if you win, but if you lose your team look like a bunch of inept fannies.

it cost us the league last year and unless septic do us a few favours and get humped along the title run in (which i think walter is hedging his bets on) Im afraid this season will end like the last.