That exactly how yesterdays performance was to me. Started off like a house on fire doused in petrol, scored two goals then took the foot off the gas and let Motherwell dominate us.

Once we went 2-0 up no one seemed interested to attack. No one made forward runs and no one wanted the ball. Every time we had a chance to counter Mendes and Edu struggled to find an outball therefore punting it down the field straight to the Motherwell keeper.

I was chuffed to see SS start yesterday and I thought he'd start at left back with Whittaker being pushed further forward but yet again oor Watty had a positional trick up his sleeve. SS was awful yesterday, made rash tackles and just like the other players didn't seem interested in galloping forward to create an out-ball for the defence or midfield to find.

What makes it worse is that our midfield had to create yesterday because the forward pair certainly weren't going to do that unless it came from a flick on from a long punt by Alexander. There was no movement between Velicka and Boyd and to be honest that's what I expected. The only reason Velicka played today was to give him games before the OF game because he'll be the one that leads the line against Celtic.

We needed a Novo on from the start yesterday to up the tempo when it all died of death for us.

Sure as shit, Motherwell got back into it and scored a cracker. Squeaky bum time was introduced to the thousands of Rangers fans until Boyd stuck away the penalty. It looked a stonewaller from where I was sitting but the Motherwell players seemed to think he dived.

I just don't understand WS tactics. We shouldve gone at Motherwell and looked to have put the game to bed after we went 2-0 up but we sat back and invited them onto us.

3 points in the bag and the gap at the top closed so it turned out to be a good day.

:rfc:

Think you are being a bit harsh Gazza. IMO we played well for long periods of the game but I do accept that we allowed an average Mothewell side back into a game that should have been put beyond them.

The first 10-15 minutes we were superb, then we took our foot off the gas and Motherwell slowly came back into the game and got a wonder goal. Apart from that strike, I can't remember them having another effort on goal.

We controlled the entire 2nd half and once we got the 3rd never really looked like surrendering the lead. However, we do have a problem when we get into an early lead. We can't capitalise on this and allow teams back into games. Thankfully we managed to put this one to bed.

Can''t believe that we are just 1 point behind the MOPES with the destination of the SPL title in our own hands given the dross we have served up this season. Again, being the cynical and negative bastard that I am, I can see Walter Smith once again throwing away this slight advantage in the coming weeks, buy playing Valicka as a loan striker in a 4-5-1 against Hibs and The MOPES.

Cammy F

I thought Smith had a good game. Everyone around me thought it wasn't a penalty. I've yet to see it again on TV though.

Given our recent performances the fact that Motherwell would come back into the game and probably score was highly predictable.

The miodfield area is a problem area. Davis's performaces are worrying, and I think we should be getting more out of Mendes. I can't make up my mind about Edu.

I thought Smith had a good game. Everyone around me thought it wasn't a penalty. I've yet to see it again on TV though.

Given our recent performances the fact that Motherwell would come back into the game and probably score was highly predictable.

The miodfield area is a problem area. Davis's performaces are worrying, and I think we should be getting more out of Mendes. I can't make up my mind about Edu.

I though smith did well too. As for Davis, he is dissapearing up his own arse as the weeks roll by. Walter needs to give this guy a spell on the bench. Cant believe that some actually think whittaker played well either. The guy is a headless chicken when it comes to seeing a pass. Had a couple of mazy runs but that was it.

But we are taking the game to the opposition now. This is the attitude we need to show to win the league. Ok we may not be overly brilliant but we are at least playing some decent football in spells which was a complete nonety in the past.

i certainly am a lot more confident about winning the league than i was three weeks ago.

Bring it on I say.

I though smith did well too. As for Davis, he is dissapearing up his own arse as the weeks roll by. Walter needs to give this guy a spell on the bench. Cant believe that some actually think whittaker played well either. The guy is a headless chicken when it comes to seeing a pass. Had a couple of mazy runs but that was it.

But we are taking the game to the opposition now. This is the attitude we need to show to win the league. Ok we may not be overly brilliant but we are at least playing some decent football in spells which was a complete nonety in the past.

i certainly am a lot more confident about winning the league than i was three weeks ago.

Bring it on I say.

Seriously? :confused:

From the 1st 10 minutes aside we were no better than average yesterday. We went 2-0 up and then scored a penalty but did their keeper make a save?

We never looked like scoring other than the 1st 10 mins.

From the 1st 10 minutes aside we were no better than average yesterday. We went 2-0 up and then scored a penalty but did their keeper make a save?

The Motherwell goalie made a good save from a Boyd volley in the first half

SW also hit the bar with a wonderful shot after a fantastic run - keeper was well beaten - would have been a contender for goal of the season if it had gone in.

Didn't their keeper make a save from Nacho Novo just after the Spaniard was introduced?

Cammy F

Yes we did as it happens. Their keeper had two brilliant saves from boyd.