Who is going to do the business??

For success we are going to need 11 hero's on the park most weeks. In recent seasons we have relyied on certain players performing for us. We have had De Boer, Ferguson, Ricksen and Prso all carrying us in occassions in recent seasons.

To an extent this was Mcleish's way, however I dont expect Le Guen to work this way.

Thomas Buffel has a lot of talent and looks class but he never reached his peak under McLeish as he suffered most (apart from us) from the system, but I can see him being our outstanding player this year.

We will need a good partnership struck up between J Rod and Svensson. Prso will give 110% as usual but one does slightly wonder if he will play in every game, but he is an important player.

I will be interested to see Ferguson when he comes back. I think mentally he is going to realish the new system and challange, so depending on his fitness we cold see our captain back to his best.

Sionko looks a steal of a signing so he could be another hero in the making.

Its up to the players to do the business now - Who is going to grab the opportunity and go on to be a Fans hero!!?

Although it's great to have good individual seasons from excellent goalkeeping to constant goalscorer I actually think this season will be more of a team effort.

Hopefully we have sorted out the spine of the team a bit better so new players like Letizi, Svensson, Clement and Sebo should contribute to that along with the exisiting guys such as Klos, J-Rod, Ferguson and Boyd/Prso.

If I did have to pick an important player this season, I think Barry Ferguson will return to the team a better, fitter player ready to lead from the front.

IMO, even with a great team and team effort, one or two players will always stand-out and will have to if we are going to be successful. By that I mean the keeper may have an inspired 2-3 games when we review the season and we'll indentify those games as 9 points he got us. Also, one player may score 30+ goals this season and that might be the reason we win the league, or a player could assist in 50 goals per season.

To win the league you must have had a great squad effort as no one player will single-handedly win you the league, he needs others around him to help. It just seems that one player is been outstanding, but that player will always say that it was a team effort.

For me, our defence is crucial to us this season - we have a midfield and forwards that will always score goal - so if we can keep it tight at the back and build a foundation from there, we will be fine.

Cammy F

Although it's great to have good individual seasons from excellent goalkeeping to constant goalscorer I actually think this season will be more of a team effort.

Yes, i agree it will be down to more of a hole team effort, however a few will shine individually.

This will be different from us having only 4 or 5 players turning up for us in recent seasons.

Yeah i hope bazza comes back and does the business for us. You could see that injury played a massive part in his lack of performance, though it was still better than some of the rest.

Hopefully he will be back running the midfield and spraying balls all over the park.

I think PLG will be able to get the best out of players. E.G. buffell the 2 games i have seen him play under PLG hes been Brilliant, unlucky with his finishin :).

I think most of the new signings will do the business, impressive in previous games.

Yeah i hope bazza comes back and does the business for us. You could see that injury played a massive part in his lack of performance, though it was still better than some of the rest.

Hopefully he will be back running the midfield and spraying balls all over the park.

I think PLG will be able to get the best out of players. E.G. buffell the 2 games i have seen him play under PLG hes been Brilliant, unlucky with his finishin :).

I think most of the new signings will do the business, impressive in previous games.

I think you might see Clement doing more of the spraying of passes while Fergie does more of the mopping up and winning the ball back. With this formation, I suspect both of them will generally stay pretty deep and cover as well as feed the next line of three in the formation.

The wierd thing about the formation is that is feels like we've got more men on the park!

But to answer Gribz's question, I think Sionko, Buffel and Adam will be the ones who really shine, while Clement and Svensson will do the business but in a more understated and less plaudited way. Burke will hopefully also shine if he can get a place but I'm sure he'll at least be a super sub.

Sebo will fight it out with Buffel and I'm sure both will score a reasonable amount while providing many assists.

I think Smith may establish himself as the best left back in the country and of course Boyd will score a barrel-load.

Prso will be very influencial, especially in big games but I can see his appearances being limited to keep his knee in good nick.

I think Barry and Rodrigez will be totally solid without making a huge impression and Letizi will be good enough without being spectacular, that we'll hardly notice him.

Hutton is the main worry as are any injuries to the back four although I think Murray can be an adept replacement for almost any of them and Ponroy looks promising.

I can't see Ricksen or Fanfan being involved much except during an injury crisis and the Frenchman will hopefully be off to the Blades allowing us to bring in a replacement on lower wages.

Namouchi and Novo will be on the fringes as cover for injuries but I can see them both leaving at the end of the season.

I can also forsee the gentle introduction of Ashikodi, Carcary, N'Gessan, Furman and Stanger.

But to answer Gribz's question, I think Sionko, Buffel and Adam will be the ones who really shine, while Clement and Svensson will do the business but in a more understated and less plaudited way.

i agree it will be more of a team effort but these 5 names and big dado will be the standouts for us this year!

thrilled to see Adam getting a game after raving about him last season! well in Charlie!