The Lafferty incident

I was at work and only turned the raido on when the commentator said "he's been sent off! Lafferty has played well so far today."

My initial thought was 'fuck off, down to 10 men for a game we need to win.' When I realised it was Mulgrew who had been sent off the relief was incredible but what the commentators on Clyde 1 came away with was nothing short of slander. Now, as I said at the start of my post, I never saw the game so don't know what went on. I only have their opinion on it. Apparently it was the "worst piece of cheating" they've witnessed from a footballer. I think that's slightly exagerrated. Also, they're calling for Lafferty to be sent off for his actions post eskimo kiss.

The way I was looking at it was it's been about the only "wrong" decision we've had go for us this season. We were due one.

It was shocking the way he went down, but it happens week in week out in football all over the world. I'd never condone it if I was a manger, it was pure embarrassing. I'll forgive him though as it was against the sheep shagging bastards, the worst scum in the world.......(now you know why i could never watch this game in a pub lol)

It was appalling, I felt ashamed to be supporting Rangers at that moment in time. A complete embarrassment and WS should be fining him his wages and bonus for that. Scandalous.

That said, it hardly helped us because the officials then conspired to even things up for a challenge that was there to be made which is completely and utterly disgraceful.

Yet again the officials make a bad decision against us. Sure, the 1st one was very poor as the linesman was right there but to then send Bougherra off in what was so blatantly an evening up tactic is so inept and so corrupt that it is laughable.

Shocking from Lafferty but seeing as it was against Snake's Belly FC I have no problem with it. If anything though it has harmed our chances because Dhougal sent off Bougherra for no other reason than to even things up and now he's out of the Dundee United game, which we will almost certainly not win now.

Shocking from Lafferty but seeing as it was against Snake's Belly FC I have no problem with it. If anything though it has harmed our chances because Dhougal sent off Bougherra for no other reason than to even things up and now he's out of the Dundee United game, which we will almost certainly not win now.

We will appeal the sending off, when will the appeal be heard ?

I'm under the impression not until next season, though I'm ready and willing to be shot down over that.

Dougal knew what he was doing.

If that is the case then it is truly shocking too. Loovens should have walked against us and McDonald should have walked against Utd. Bougherra shouldn't have walked today.....

Yet of the 3 the only one who looks like not contributing to the deciding game is the only one who should.

Fucking farcical !

And yes, Dougal knew exactly what he was doing. To be incorrect once, that can happen. To be incorrect a second time just to even it up is corrupt. So when the Tims should have had a penalty against them THREE times at Tannadice earlier this season.... it was evened up by giving Utd a.... hold on, they ended up lucky to get a draw with ZERO thanks to the officials.

Ridiculous !

And McDonald got away with a much WORSE challenge, with obvious intent, against Utd. Not to mention Loovens on Edu (who scored a vital goal in that game)...

Lafferty was laughable, but as my Italian flat-mate would say, he played the game (I don't agree with it, but if mulgrew didnt square up, there would not have been an opportunity).

Yet again, things seem to conspire against us...