The Lafferty incident

Why? Did he not act like a twat now? I'm not gonna defend any player that acts like a tosser...... ever.

He's a 21 year old lad who got caught up in the heat of the moment in a high pressure match and made a bad mistake. I'm sure he realised after the game when the adrenalin had subsided that he'd made the wrong decision. I don't condone it, but neither would I call him a "tosser" as you choose to.

First you stand up for Aberdeen fans who sang about 66 dead Rangers fans yesterday. Now you're calling Kyle Lafferty a "tosser".

:mad:

Well, there's something great about the lad & that is that he's possibly going to be a class footballer. Unfortunately, he crossed a line in my book. I'll give him another chance & if he ends up doing something similar, I won't say I told you so. Personally, I've got a lot more respect for violent conduct in the heat of the moment, than I have for simulation of being attacked.

While the mhedia have a field day with this, Nakamura and McDonald will go on cheating week in, week out without a word said. They are the real cheats in Scottish football. It's a tragedy they, like their fans, are given free reign by the authorities and a compliant Fourth Estate.

I don't recall such a furore when Thompson "headbutted" Lovenkrands, was that because it looked a wee bit harder? Away and shite. If you're stupid enough to put your forehead against another man's nose after a challenge in a game of football, then you're a fucking fool, not the guy who plays the system he didn't create.

There's clearly no honour in British football, as the ensuing sending off of Bougherra showed. I can't count how many times I have wished our players were more "cute" in Europe where we get done by divers year in year out. I don't even need to mention the current crop of cheating bheggars getting away with assault/diving every fucking week as several posters have already done so.

So then, why should we be the ones that never cheat? Linesmen have all but ruined our season and Lafferty should be "ashamed of himself"?

No.

Kyle Lafferty Loyal:rfc:

Utter pish cotter.

Lafferty made an arse of himself and of his club. I couldnt give a shit what Celtic players do, I dont want Rangers players feeling they have to cheat to win.

So you think that Lafferty should walk around with his head held high because he delibrately feigned an attack, no assault, and deliberately had a guy sent off ? I cant believe you think that way.

What Lafferty did was an embarrassment to everyone involved in RFC.

Regardless of his age he shouldnt have done it. Regardless of what the Tim players do we should be above it.

He shouldnt have done it, plain and simplE.

Mulgrew may have been stupid to square up to him but the reality is that was allhe did, nothing more..... he shouldnt have expected to be sernt off for squaring up.

In fact, I find it hard to believe any Rangers supporter condining what he did. It is incredulous to think that way.

I cant work out how the linesman could have a say on the Bougherra one, Bougherra would have been blocking the view of Langfields face.

Beattie mentioned Lafferty winked at the dugout - I didnt see that but if thats the case then thats appaling.

Can we blame Dougal? If he gets told by his linesman that Bougherra deliberately kicked the keeper in the head he has no alternative but to send him off. The linesman was in a far better position and the ref had no alternative but to send him off.

Actually the FINAL decision rests with the referee Del.

So, therefore, he could overrule the linesmans judgement if he wanted.

What i found annoying aswell as all the other obvious points about Stuart Dougal, was he was nowhere near that incident.

Where was he? Near the halfway line i think.

:confused:

I cant work out how the linesman could have a say on the Bougherra one, Bougherra would have been blocking the view of Langfields face.

Beattie mentioned Lafferty winked at the dugout - I didnt see that but if thats the case then thats appaling.

Unfortunately he did.

I was hoping it was for something else, it may have been for McCoist throwing instructions to him, and Lafferty 'winks' to say ok.

I don't want to make excuses for the guy as it was a daft thing to do, but as Norris said it's against snakebelly f.c. which makes it ok in a lot of peoples books. lol

However, we are nothing like that bunch of shitehawks, so we are morally much better off. And if that happened to my team i'd have been gunning for him.

Shocking from Lafferty but seeing as it was against Snake's Belly FC I have no problem with it. If anything though it has harmed our chances because Dhougal sent off Bougherra for no other reason than to even things up and now he's out of the Dundee United game, which we will almost certainly not win now.

The most sensible thing i think i have ever seen you say Well nearly. lol.

"seeing as it was against Snake's Belly FC I have no problem with it" SO if it was against any other team you would have been upset?

Lafferty's antics cost you your best defender for the final game of the season.

"Dhougal sent off Bougherra for no other reason than to even things up " Oh so true, but then again it was against "Snake Belly FC" Goalkeeper so you should be fine with that also.

Can i also point out that Lafferty put his head towards Mulgrew so is it not lafferty headbutting Mulgrew?

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b6xaA53B1pE&feature=related]YouTube - Kyle Lafferty Diving[/ame]