Just in case Dougie MacDonald needed reminded not to give us any decisions next w/e

"Mike McCurry's career as a top-class referee is over.

The 44-year-old from Glasgow has been omitted by the Scottish Football Association from the list of senior officials for next season.

McCurry, a Baptist associate pastor, has been an often controversial figure in Scottish football.

Craig Levein's comments about McCurry's performance in a match against Rangers in May led to a �£5,000 fine for the Dundee United manager.

Levein accused McCurry, who later admitted to mistakes during the game, of "bottling" big decisions during Rangers' 3-1 victory.

The referee, whose private life also became the focus of newspaper news pages, has gone public in support of the introduction of video technology to assist decision making.

Meanwhile, Dougie McDonald will referee Sunday's crucial Scottish Premier League fixture between Dundee United and Rangers.

A win for the Ibrox club at Tannadice would mean they will be champions for the first time in four years."

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/scot_prem/8056219.stm

I'm sure that the timing of this announcement is deliberate.

I'm sure that the timing of this announcement is deliberate.

Is there any doubt?

McCurry hasn't refereed a game involving either Dundee United or Rangers since Craig Levein's hatchet job a year ago. Scottish football is about as corruption-free as Silvio Berlusconi's government.

Is there any doubt?

McCurry hasn't refereed a game involving either Dundee United or Rangers since Craig Levein's hatchet job a year ago. Scottish football is about as corruption-free as Silvio Berlusconi's government.

I don't believe he has done Celtic this season either.

It's interesting how these articles alwas stress his profession, as if to remind everyone of his religion.

It's interesting how these articles alwas stress his profession, as if to remind everyone of his religion.

Of course. And not forgetting the off-field mhedia hatchet job over his private life.

Come on now, BD, you surely have not forgotten the Kilmarnock v Scum match where the sunday paper did the "Simply the Best" hatchet job on him on the morning of the match, and timmy called him an Orange Bassa for 90 minutes!!

As it stands, that was the only appointment involving either of the OF that McCurry got in 2008-09.

Come on now, BD, you surely have not forgotten the Kilmarnock v Scum match where the sunday paper did the "Simply the Best" hatchet job on him on the morning of the match, and timmy called him an Orange Bassa for 90 minutes!!

As it stands, that was the only appointment involving either of the OF that McCurry got in 2008-09.

I thought that was last season, but I stand corrected. That incident was the lowest of the low, but it's open season given he's not an RC.