Ian, I don't think that the fans come into it. Fergie got a great reception on Saturday, and a vast majority are still behind him. If they can sign Miller, then offering Fergie a new contract is fairly straightforward.

Craig, firstly, would Fergie agree to a drop in wages of around two thirds? He's still got his contract for next season, I believe, so I don't see any way that he would agree to rip it up and take a lot lower wage.

Secondly, I get the feeling that Walter wants rid of him for non-financial reasons. Perhaps he has come round to thinking that he's a bad influence, either off the park or on it?

Ian, I don't think that the fans come into it. Fergie got a great reception on Saturday, and a vast majority are still behind him. If they can sign Miller, then offering Fergie a new contract is fairly straightforward.

Craig, firstly, would Fergie agree to a drop in wages of around two thirds? He's still got his contract for next season, I believe, so I don't see any way that he would agree to rip it up and take a lot lower wage.

Secondly, I get the feeling that Walter wants rid of him for non-financial reasons. Perhaps he has come round to thinking that he's a bad influence, either off the park or on it?

Aye, it was just me failing,again, at sarcasm :(

Agreed.

I don't know, but that would be the responsibility fo the club to at least ascertain if it is feasible. He is a wealthy young man I suspect and he hated being away from Rangers last time round. He would possibly consider ripping up that contract if he got an extension but on reduced terms. I don't know the answer BD but the club surely has an obligation to find out. And given he has money (I suspect) and hated not being at Rangers last time who knows what he would or would not accept.

This is more like the reason for his probable departure, rather than wanting him off the wage bill. Non-financial reasons are most likely. And that I would accept.

BRUNO AGUIAR’S agent has claimed he is in talks with BOTH Rangers and Celtic.

The midfielder, 28, is out of contract at Hearts next month and they aren’t keen on renewing his deal at Ã?£8,000 a week.

Aguiar’s agent Paolo Barbosa said: “Will Bruno stay at Hearts? We will see, but I don’t think so.

“We’re talking with different Scottish clubs and are waiting for a solution.

“I believe everything will be clear within one week.”

Portuguese ace Aguiar is also being tracked by Championship clubs Coventry and QPR, while Dutch giants Ajax spied on him during Saturday’s 3-0 win over Dundee United.

But SunSport understands he wants to stay in Scotland having settled well since his move from Benfica in 2006.

Aguiar has been one of the stars of the season for Hearts, returning from an 18-month injury lay-off to help them secure third spot.

He has netted seven goals and Gers want him to team up with countryman Pedro Mendes in the Ibrox engine room.

Celtic see Aguiar as a low-risk gamble who will fit into their wage structure.

http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scotsol/homepage/sport/spl/article2435676.ece

Yes, because we need cover at left back.....

That's how it works, isn't it Walter?

Or a first choice left midfielder.... or a replacement for Weir.... the list goes on.

Going back to the Ferguson to West Brom, Darryl king sugested that he could well go there as he would prefer to be playing for a team at the top of a table rather than playing for one fighting relegation.

He also suggested that Fergie himself may have doubts as to whether he could hack it in the Premiership now.

Too many Rangers fans have too much hate for him for the club to even consider keeping him on

I wouldn't say hate, but I would definately say they have run out of patience.