by Lindsay Herron

MADJID BOUGHERRA will be at the heart of Rangers' defence as they go for glory at Tannadice on Sunday.

The SFA's Video Review Panel today reduced the red card issued to him in last week's game against Aberdeen to a yellow card.

Bougherra had been sent off on the say-so of assistant referee Graham Chambers who thought the Algerian had deliberately tried to kick Aberdeen goalkeeper Jamie Langfield on the head.

Referee Stuart Dougal looked at the incident again on Tuesday and decided Bougherra's challenge should not have resulted in a sending off.

The Review Panel have concurred and Bougherra is now clear to play in Sunday's match as Rangers bid to win their first title in four years.

Aberdeen defender Charlie Mulgrew has also had his red card from the same game reduced to a yellow.

The Review Panel also considered the alleged act of simulation by Kyle Lafferty in this incident and they have decided that the matter should be referred to the SFA's Disciplinary Committee.

The Disciplinary Committee is scheduled to meet before the start of next season.

At this meeting they will also consider the challenge by Celtic's Glenn Loovens on Mo Edu in the recent Old Firm game and also the challenge of Scott McDonald on Dundee United's Lee Wilkie.

Any subsequent suspensions would obviously not kick in until next season.

Why has it been reduced to a yellow? Either he kicked him and should have got a red, or he didn't.

As I pointed out in an earlier thread, the red card wasn't for the initial challenge, and he can't get a yellow for that.. It was a kick after play had stopped, which either took place or it didn't. Surely it has to be a red or nothing?

I think we all thought this would happen, but by god they didnt have drag it out. I hope this hasn't helped to take our eye of the ball.

Correct, but I believe they would have trained all week with the thought that he would play,true professionalism :rfc:

Why has it been reduced to a yellow? Either he kicked him and should have got a red, or he didn't.

As I pointed out in an earlier thread, the red card wasn't for the initial challenge, and he can't get a yellow for that.. It was a kick after play had stopped, which either took place or it didn't. Surely it has to be a red or nothing?

As Dougal said last night, the given red was completely rescinded but they had made the decision to review the initial sliding challenge...

Correct, but I believe they would have trained all week with the thought that he would play,true professionalism :rfc:

Yes, but if you can imagine that hanging over yourself ian and you went to train each day still not knowing if you'd play in the last showpiece of the season, AND if you were a player with Gers and you played with Bougherra, i think you would realise how much of an influence he was for the team, maybe if you were the likes of Dailly you'd be thinking 'if he doesnt play i'm gonna have a shocker of a game', right up till today!

Not sure, i just hope they havent been aloud to think of daft diversions like this.:confused: