�£1.3m from millwall, powerhouse american centre half. terms agreed merely awaiting a medical. Rangers approached Motherwell for Reynolds but they still wanted �£1m so it looks like this guy is Weir's replacement. Never seen him play so not sure if this is a good piece of business or not. Merely passing on information.

Posted on another forum. Guy is willing to pass on his source but his damn inbox is full!

I watched Whitbread play against my team Scunthorpe on Sunday.

I've watched him play a few times against Scunthorpe this season. Although i can't really say i was watching him, i did notice the big tall, blonde guy at the back of Millwalls defence. We beat Millwall a few times this season so he didnt play well, but i would go with him as a potentially good signing.

He plays on the left side of defence as i can remember.

If it's true i'll be happy as most of the Americans we've signed have done well(apart from Beasley)

I heard he used to be a Liverpool youth player too

Edited by John Barr