Radio Snyde - reached a new low last evening.

I tuned into Radio snyde last evening, expecting to hear Bitter Martin and Co offer grudging congratulations to champions, Rangers. I mean, it's just over 24 hours since the Bears triumph at Tannadice. Last week, Snyde continued to portray the arabs as akin to Barca, very few of the regulars could see Rangers achieving a victory. Indeed, the concensus was, if ra Sellik score first at ra Stydome, then the pressure piles on to Rangers in Dundee. It's all a question of bottle.

Well, I feel Rangers answered the question and some. An excellent performance, three good goals, and the wonderful sight of 10,000 singing and dancing Bears. Lot's to discuss?

Err, no, not really, Sellik's plight(as usual) was far more important in the Radio Snyde collective psyche. The panel was Big DJ and Andy walker. Bitter opened with Strachan's resignation and then read the the Bookies' odds on his possible replacement. Rangers title triumph was up next, DJ and Walker offered short homilies, and it was back to the important stuff, ra Sellik.

In summary, one hour saw 11 callers, only one of which, wanted to discuss Rangers. Every other caller was an appeal to Coyle, McGhee, Mowbrey, McCarthy, ............etc. Interestingly, after the first three callers had breathlessly waved goodbye to wee Gordon and looked ahead to a better Sellik future, Bitter Martin interupted with, "I will not allow Radio Clyde to be accused of ignoring the other big story" and he played a 30 second recorded clip of Weir and Ferguson receiving the trophy. DJ was invited to say another few words, "to be honest, it could have gone either way". Then, it was back to ra Sellik. Andy Walker informed the listenership that, "no club in Scotland can match Celtic, they are the biggest club without doubt".

Here is the new low, Bitter ran a 2 minute clip of ra Sellik's three in a row, himself, Nuremberg Hugh, and Guidi commentating on Lennon and McManus lifting Strachan titles one, two, and three. Seriously, this was North Korea broadcasting, yesterday did not happen, pasr green'n'grey glories are more important. They must be, because the vast majority of the show was allocated to their memories.

Rangers have secured the title without having the Manager of the Year(he has just resigned), the Players' Player of the Year, and the Writers' Player of the Year, in their ranks. Listening to Snyde last evening, you begin to realise why this should occur.

Radio Snyde, the epitome of Emperor's new clothes broadcasting.

I'm grateful I live outwith RC's transmission capabilities. By all accounts it has been Radio Celtic for a number of years but the apathetic nature of the vast majority of Rangers fans means I can't see their listening figures taking a significant hit, we live in hope though.

Andy Walker's comment is beyond parody. Sunday must have hit him hard. This is the man who, closing the live broadcast of our historic UEFA Cup semi-final victory in Florence, looked as if he had just been told his wife and kids had died in a car accident.

All their reminiscing about triumphs past won't detract from the abject pain they are in for this summer. I'll bet none of them will buy a paper for a fortnight.

I'm sure that they had lined up 2 hours of slagging Strachan off because he isn't "Celtic-minded" and had to have a quick change when they realised that their part in bringing him down had at last succeeded.

However obviously congratulating Rangers doesn't appeal to their core listeners and the main contributors. Unfortunately big DJ wouldn't even be aware of the bias as it would go right over his head.

It's just the start of a campaign to ensure that the new manager is of the correct relig.., sorry, is "sellic minded".

Cheers for the info. Just goes to justify my reason for not listening to these radio shows.

Would they not accuse our fans of living in the past, yet they don't want to discuss current topics in Scottish football because their team didn't win!

I actually thought Andy Walker made a big effort to remain impartial when he first broke on to the media scene 6 or 7 years ago. However in the last couple of years his mask has well and truly slipped. He loses the plot when we're on top.

The only guy in the media with Celtic connections who manages to maintain any kind of professionalism and impartiality is, imo, Criag Burley.

I don't think it's coinicidence that setanta continued to use him for the big EPL games once they won the rights to broacast some premiership games.

The only guy in the media with Celtic connections who manages to maintain any kind of professionalism and impartiality is, imo, Criag Burley.

I don't think it's coinicidence that setanta continued to use him for the big EPL games once they won the rights to broacast some premiership games.

A very good point. Incidentally there's nothing Celtic fans hate more than impartial Celtic men in the media. Apparently Davie Provan isn't popular at Porkheid.

I actually thought Andy Walker made a big effort to remain impartial when he first broke on to the media scene 6 or 7 years ago. However in the last couple of years his mask has well and truly slipped. He loses the plot when we're on top.

Wooden Walker's two year tenure as Scotsport host was a broadcasting nadir. Along with his fellow 'objective' constant guest, John Colquhoun, Scotsport was allowed to trawl the depths. Each and every favourable decision awarded to ra Sellik was robustly defended, whereas Rangers good fortunes in this regard was treated with smirking contempt.

Walker demanded Colquhoun's inclusion as part of his agreement to host the show. It was a clear attempt to rejuvinate the career of the man responsible for taking �£10million out of ra Sellik coffers. Colquhoun was Rafael Scheidt's Agent. After taking his �£760,000(figure from Keevins) cut of the deal, he took the family down south for 5 years to avoid the deserved flak. Principled John knew he had sold his beloved hoops an absolute dud, on a 4 year contract(�£1.5million per year). Wooden Walker was determined to ressurrect his mate's career and reputation.

That is because, I think, Craig Burley is actually a Rangers fan. I think.

I know for sure that he played for Rangers boys club when he was younger. I remember him playing against us when I was at Killie BC.