Bougherra vs Cuellar

Bougherra or Cuellar  

24 members have voted

1. 1. Bougherra or Cuellar

Guest hellsbells

carlos who..................He fced off the first chance he got.....We had a better goals against wiht boogie this year.........The King is dead long live the king .............Boogie Boogie:spl:

Cuellar has been struggling a bit playing against some of the best players in the world in the Premiership and Bougherra was only playing for Charlton. The only way to work who's best is if they were both playing against Drogba, Ronaldo, Rooney and Co every week. I must say I hope Bougherra signs for life but I did like Cuellar just as much. I just can't call it.

They're both up there with the best central defenders we've ever had IMHO. My old man thinks Cuellar's the best we've had "for 50 years", while I find it almost impossible to think of a negative when it comes to Bougy. Our scouting network has come in for a bit of criticism in recent years, but somebody in Ibrox sure as hell knows how to spot a defender. When we had Boumsong I thought he was irreplacable, but Cuellar and Bougy are both better IMO. For the record, in my time watching the Gers I would say Gough has been our best.

Gough > Cuellar > Bougherra > Boumsong. For now. Boogie's position may change. Dunno where Amo fits into that either.

In terms of overall contribution he's ahead of Cuellar and Boogie, but in terms of individual ability, well i'd have to think about it.

Criag Moore was a very good player to. And that's not to even mention Butcher (because I don't like too :D).

Criag Moore was a very good player to. And that's not to even mention Butcher (because I don't like too :D).

Incredible isn't it? For goalkeepers and centre-halfs, from Meiklejohn and Young up to those of the past decade, we've been unsurpassed in Scotland for a hundred years.

You not going to the game S_A?

Incredible isn't it? For goalkeepers and centre-halfs, from Meiklejohn and Young up to those of the past decade, we've been unsurpassed in Scotland for a hundred years.

You not going to the game S_A?

Unfortunately not. Had to give up my season ticket season before this. And now having moved away from Glasgow (albeit hopefully not permanent) it's v hard to get to games. :(

Have to make do with Sky. As long as we win though. :spl:

Edit:

Aye some of the greatest centre halfs and goalkeepers I didn't even get to see!! :(

Guest Lord_Nelson
Welcome to the forum L_N... :spl:

Thanks Frankie. Long time lurker as you know and may try and post occasionally, now that you have got my submission to your STS report.