SPL announces �£23m record profit

Guest Jum Spence

I appreciate that you cannot publish a report of this nature immediately after the season, but most SPL clubs have published their results by early Autumn, certainly the big 2 have.

If the earliest you can do an annual report is over a year from the end of the reporting period, it is quite clearly not worth doing at all. I wonder who commissioned it? Have the SPL not get anything else they could spend their money on, like doing due diligence on bankrupt Irish broadcasters with a certain-to-fail business model.

Not surprising when you read 'PricewaterhouseCoopers' They are quite the machine when it comes to balancing the books. Jon will agree with me here though; they are a ba$tard when it comes to IT support. Their people are arrogant fukkers and drove us up the wall !!

We don't support them anymore but they still haunt me !

I was under the impression that Pricewaterhouse Coopers were doing these reports off their own back - like the football rich lists. They can get hold of all the clubs accounts as they are public documents and so just get someone to spend a few hours going through and making a few conclusions.

When they publish things, they get picked up by the media and they get free advertising, so well worth the effort and costs.

It could be they do it at a quiet time of the year...

I was under the impression that Pricewaterhouse Coopers were doing these reports off their own back - like the football rich lists. They can get hold of all the clubs accounts as they are public documents and so just get someone to spend a few hours going through and making a few conclusions.

When they publish things, they get picked up by the media and they get free advertising, so well worth the effort and costs.

It could be they do it at a quiet time of the year...

I think you are right cal. Unless a club is privately held then the financial statements are publicly available.

It will be a simple case of PwC getting the financials for each of the clubs, plugging the Balance Sheet and Income Statement into a spreadsheet, comparing it with previous year and then collating the results from each of the clubs.

Not sure they do it at a quiet time of year - it is just as likely they will produce it once all clubs have reported. Also depends on the fiscal year ends for clubs as some may have a June year end and some may have December year end which would impact on the analysis and timing of reporting it.

All financial statements will be publicly available. It's not Bermuda, remember. :D

I prefer our system.......

If a club was a partnership rather than a corporate entity (stupid put possible) then they wouldn't need to make them publicly available, right ?