The administrators have confirmed no more payments will be taken.

I would still call the bank and tell them to stop payments per direct any money that is sent will be almost impossible to get back.

From my own experience I would agree it can potentially save a lot of hassle if you cancel your direct debit and it gives you piece of mind that they can no longer take money from your account.

Companies often make "mistakes" that take a lot of work to sort out and get your money back. With Setanta going bust, the chances of getting your money back at all are very slim.

Do we need to phone to cancel subscriptions and DD payments or will that happen automatically?

I was really pissed off with Setanta. They made sure they took the month of July off of me before announcing they were going bust. And trying to find information about how the administration would affect our direct debit payments was to be found nowhere on their website, in their phone numbers and on the Setanta screen itself.

So, in the end i went to the bank and cancelled it myself as this company clearly cannot be trusted. And i would urge all you bears to do the same because when they take another �£12.99 off you next month i suspect you may just feel as pissed off as i was to find they take that money and you get a blank screen in return.:(