The truth of the matter is Barry Ferguson probably is a Rangers legend.

Much as that wont sit well with older bears or younger bears who make the effort to understand the history of the club.

Ferguson was an integral part of 2 of the 7 trebles the club has won.

Ferguson was a member of the more numerous double winning squads at the club.

Ferguson was captain of a Rangers side in a European final, putting him in very esteemed company.

Ferguson was part of some of the most electric moments of recent seasons that just so happen to go down in folk lore for Rangers fans; SPL win 02/03, Helicopter Sunday (which we would most likely not have won but for his return) and last years league win on the last day.

15 trophies.

Most European appearances by a Ranger.

Most European appearances by a Scot/for a Scottish club.

Captained his country.

Against:

Left for the EPL.

"Got a woefully inept manager the sack". (Spurious and debatable)

Embarrassed the club whilst representing his country. (No defence here, the only one I blame him for).

A number of other legends did not lead impeccable, blemish free lives on or off the field.

The man is not faultless. It is quite easy to point some of them out. It is more difficult to identify which ones are real and which ones are the result of the internet age, blame culture and general bullshit.

Prior to his Brum transfer, go back a month or two, and I would be erring on the side of not a legend. When you sit down and look at what he has achieved. What he has done. What he has been involved in as a Ranger and it is far more difficult to deny his status.

Legend does not mean faultless. Legend does not mean a man who could only do good. Legend means a lot of things to a lot of people and the uber-fans will most likely have to deal with the fact that Barry Ferguson will most probably go down as a legend for Rangers Football Club.

I don't think i'm 100% happy about that. I don't know precisely what I think. I do know that in the space of the transfer to Birmingham being muted and then confirmed my opinion has mellowed and I guess will continue to do so with time. Leading me to the conlcusion of the above post.

(So all you haters bring it on. :flipa: :box:)

I was never a big Fergie fan,in my opinion he had one exceptional year with R vd Boer, when he scored a barrow load from midfield. I have certainly never thought of him as the world class player many seemed to think he is\was. I feel he was too dominant to be a good team player. the fact we won few titles under his captaincy may not be conclusive evidence but may be allowed as circumstantial evidence. Most defeats last season were also under the leadership of Fergie Fergie. I for one am happy to see him go but as an ex bear i wish him all the best and hope he is a hit at Brummie.

Pete, you know I havent been a big fergie fan over the last 3 or 4 years either but for me he had more than 1 good season. I thought he was brilliant under Advocaat while playing with Albertz, Gio and Co in the midfield from 98-00. And then he had a good season with De Boer and Arteta when he scored 17 goals.

But he became far too much Mr Rangers in his own opinion which had a huge effect on the team and then there was the Le Guen stuff along with being handed the captaincy back amoungst other stuff.

For the last 2 seasons you could count on 1 hand how many decent games he had yet he was still auto pick.

On his day he was a fine Rangers player but certainly not a Legend on par with the likes of McCoist, Gough, Laudrup etc for me. And as a Rangers captain he was one of the worst for his moaning and off field stuff. Uncomparable to Gough.

I would also ask the question, if we were not so financially stuck would he be leaving Rangers ?

Short answer. Yes.

And as a Rangers captain he was one of the worst for his moaning and off field stuff. Uncomparable to Gough.

The off-field stuff I give you. No defence on Fergie's part.

The "moaning". Lord give me strength. If I hear that again i'll cry.

One of the worst moany face bastard football captains of the last 2 or 3 decades (despite being a despicable cunt off the field and a tim to boot) is Roy Keane. Now that man demanded standards, as Rangers demand standards. And if you didn't live up to them, then damn sure you were going to hear about it. On and off the field.

It's grown men we are talking about. If your excuse for not performin is "that angry wee man shouted at me" then you're not in right profession. And I don't just mean football. I mean competitive sport. Your mum wont always be there to wipe your arse and look after you.

Short answer. Yes.

The off-field stuff I give you. No defence on Fergie's part.

The "moaning". Lord give me strength. If I hear that again i'll cry.

One of the worst moany face bastard football captains of the last 2 or 3 decades (despite being a despicable cunt off the field and a tim to boot) is Roy Keane. Now that man demanded standards, as Rangers demand standards. And if you didn't live up to them, then damn sure you were going to hear about it. On and off the field.

It's grown men we are talking about. If your excuse for not performin is "that angry wee man shouted at me" then you're not in right profession. And I don't just mean football. I mean competitive sport. Your mum wont always be there to wipe your arse and look after you.

1) I never saw Keane moan at his team mates when he was in the wrong.

2) I never saw Keane tell Sir Alex to sub a player during a match.

3) I did see Keane put his arm round a player to give them confidence during a match.

Keane demanded standards while Ferguson just demanded his own way.

i honestly dont care what anyone says fergie is a LEGEND 15 times he has lifted a title or a cup ... i'd give my left testicle to life one but he is a gers fan who has lifted 15

Thank you Fergie

Del.

3) I did see Keane put his arm round a player to give them confidence during a match.

I guarantee 1 is wrong.

2 and 3 maybe not. I bet if you watched Man U as a fan week in week out throughout Keane's career you might well find examples. Thought keane being at Man U, what are the chances he had to suffer playing beside a Hamed Namouchi?

Fergie had a winners mentality. Your Namouchi's and his ilk did not (that's the one thing Sebo did have btw :giruy:).

1,You never seen Keane moan at his team mates when he was in the wrong ?,I have.

2,C'mon Gribz, are you that good a lip reader ?

3,I have also seen Fergie do this ???

The bottom line is BF has a tremendous medal collection both as a player and captain of Rangers FC as well as his tally of European games,including a UEFA Cup Final.

I know the word Legend is banded about too much these days but he must be up there with any other player ?

1,You never seen Keane moan at his team mates when he was in the wrong ?,I have.

2,C'mon Gribz, are you that good a lip reader ?

3,I have also seen Fergie do this ???

The bottom line is BF has a tremendous medal collection both as a player and captain of Rangers FC as well as his tally of European games,including a UEFA Cup Final.

I know the word Legend is banded about too much these days but he must be up there with any other player ?

spot on mate.... cant say it any better

spot on mate.... cant say it any better

What really gets on my tits is the fact that a lot of guys want to remember all the bad things about a player, kinda reflects their own personality IMO