1,You never seen Keane moan at his team mates when he was in the wrong ?,I have.

2,C'mon Gribz, are you that good a lip reader ?

3,I have also seen Fergie do this ???

The bottom line is BF has a tremendous medal collection both as a player and captain of Rangers FC as well as his tally of European games,including a UEFA Cup Final.

I know the word Legend is banded about too much these days but he must be up there with any other player ?

1) As i said, yes ive seen Keane slaughter players but cant recall him doing so when he was wrong.

2) No need to be a lip reader...his hand signals did that for him. And many on here remember the words "get him fucking off". I dont care who your team mate is, you dont do that in the middle of a match, that can wait until half time.

3) Yes maybe he has done it, but on plenty occassions there has been times where he has done the opposite.

If your a captain you should know how your teammates will react. Some players will react well to a roasting, but some react the opposite way.

What really gets on my tits is the fact that a lot of guys want to remember all the bad things about a player, kinda reflects their own personality IMO

Bullshit. A topic of his bad points simply developed on the thread. My overall thoughts on a player were on my first post in the thread if you care to read that.

As i said - A truly fine player on his day who had 3/4 wonderful seasons from 1998 - 2003.

From 2005-2009 he wasnt ever anything better than average.

But a legend? Not for me! A legend has to be a top Pro on and off the park for me.

Its a shame when some fans who think he is a legend automatically think the other fans who dont agree are simply remembering the bad points.

And the thing about European performances doesnt make him a better player than J Greig etc simply because the format of matches in Europe these days.

1) As i said, yes ive seen Keane slaughter players but cant recall him doing so when he was wrong.

2) No need to be a lip reader...his hand signals did that for him. And many on here remember the words "get him fucking off". I dont care who your team mate is, you dont do that in the middle of a match, that can wait until half time.

3) Yes maybe he has done it, but on plenty occassions there has been times where he has done the opposite.

If your a captain you should know how your teammates will react. Some players will react well to a roasting, but some react the opposite way.

Bullshit. A topic of his bad points simply developed on the thread. My overall thoughts on a player were on my first post in the thread if you care to read that.

As i said - A truly fine player on his day who had 3/4 wonderful seasons from 1998 - 2003.

But a legend? Not for me! A legend has to be a top Pro on and off the park for me.

Its a shame when some fans who think he is a legend automatically think the other fans who dont agree are simply remembering the bad points.

And the thing about European performances doesnt make him a better player than J Greig etc simply because the format of matches in Europe these days.

A lot of good points, particularly the last 2; Greig and the one before.

The problem with debates on forums is it often comes down to balck and white when really it's shades of grey. Opinion gets polarised.

In this debate it is very contentious and there are arguments either way. So for once I wont claim anyone who disagrees with me is a moron and that they might actually have a point. :D

Bearing in mind the post I quote are the likes of Baxter, Cooper and Gazza legends?

still dont agree with you ... IMO a "rangers" fan who goes on to lift 15 "cups" in a spell like his is not a legend what is? even if he was a st mirren fan to lift 15 "cups" for any club is legendery IMO

Del.

Aye..........wind yer neck in.........maybe I put my point across wrong, I think he is a legend, you don't.........SIMPLES!!!!! :)

It's the same when I hear '' Boyd only scores against the wee teams '', he does it better than anybody else in the pishy wee SPL :whistle:

still dont agree with you ... IMO a "rangers" fan who goes on to lift 15 "cups" in a spell like his is not a legend what is? even if he was a st mirren fan to lift 15 "cups" for any club is legendery IMO

Del.

Thats fine, thats what makes expression of an opinion a great thing.

As a Rangers career and his record count - its fantastic. And I still remember arguing about how good he was in his earlier days. I remember watching a UEFA cup match against Bayern Levenkusen while in Majorca in 1998 and couldnt believe what a talent we had.

But he still isnt a true legend for me :)

What I will say is my opinion could change on that with time and hindsight. Perhaps we could go down hill and in 5-10 years time I could be saying I wish we had a Ferguson in the team. It could go the opposite way and may also have forgetten about him - hopefully so as that means the Team have gone onto better things.

But this season coming will be interesting to see how morale is with the rest of the squad.

Thats fine, thats what makes expression of an opinion a great thing.

As a Rangers career and his record count - its fantastic. And I still remember arguing about how good he was in his earlier days. I remember watching a UEFA cup match against Bayern Levenkusen while in Majorca in 1998 and couldnt believe what a talent we had.

But he still isnt a true legend for me :)

What I will say is my opinion could change on that with time and hindsight. Perhaps we could go down hill and in 5-10 years time I could be saying I wish we had a Ferguson in the team. It could go the opposite way and may also have forgetten about him - hopefully so as that means the Team have gone onto better things.

But this season coming will be interesting to see how morale is with the rest of the squad.

That's fair, and I do realise people have their own opinion,I was just wondering what makes a player a legend if not what he has achieved with his club ?