Bougherra aims for big Euro move

Guest Jum Spence

Rangers defender Madjid Bougherra says another impressive season could see him move to a top European club.

More...

As expected. If he doesn't leave before this window shuts he'll defo be for the off this time next year.

:(

As I suspected with his quote in the papers earlier this week.

Makes it all the more imperative that we sign another CB to partner him this season.

If we dont sign another CB then next season we will likely be looking at replacing BOTH our CB's - surely Weir will not be playing for us at age 41.......

As an aside, why is it that we seem to get some great signings and then lose them whilst the Tims seem to never have that same concern ?

Rangers defender Madjid Bougherra says another impressive season could see him move to a top European club.

More...

If you actually read what Boogie says, it is nowhere near what the headline suggests. Why is it that the media cant see us with a decent player without fabricating stories about moves elsewhere?

From what i can see from the quotes all he is saying is that when he does move on he would want to move to a club thats going to challenge for the title and play in the champions league.

If you actually read what Boogie says, it is nowhere near what the headline suggests. Why is it that the media cant see us with a decent player without fabricating stories about moves elsewhere?

From what i can see from the quotes all he is saying is that when he does move on he would want to move to a club thats going to challenge for the title and play in the champions league.

Yeah the title is a bit scare-mongering.

However... that is the second time I have seen him say "I want to stay at Rangers this season". That tells me that he wants to be with us for one more season, play in the CL (very well, hopefully) and then he may get his opportunity with a big club elsewhere (not necessarily England) that will be in the CL.

The use of the word "this" is very telling to me - although I readily admit I could be reading something into that which is way off track.

I suspect he will leave at the end of the season.

If he stays for another season and then picks up the big move he deserves then I think he'll go with the best wishes of all Bears. The guy certainly seems to have his head screwed on, something of a novelty among modern day footballers.

If he stays for another season and then picks up the big move he deserves then I think he'll go with the best wishes of all Bears. The guy certainly seems to have his head screwed on, something of a novelty among modern day footballers.

Agree with all of that Norris.

But as a club it makes it all the more important that we bring a CB in now who can partner Bougherra THIS season and means we only need one further CB when Weir hangs it up at the end of the season (assuming he does. If he doesnt I dont fancy him as 1st choice CB at 41....)

Agree with all of that Norris.

But as a club it makes it all the more important that we bring a CB in now who can partner Bougherra THIS season and means we only need one further CB when Weir hangs it up at the end of the season (assuming he does. If he doesnt I dont fancy him as 1st choice CB at 41....)

Agree with this, it really does make sense to bring in a CB now, just hope that if we can see it, then Smith / Murray can see this as well.

He (and his brothers) were class last night. Signing autographs an all the wee girls pushing an screaming Boogie boogie boogie. His brothers or brother an friends then started doing the same thing waving some cash/note (value i dunno) in front of his face.