ive just heard an interesting rumour

There was a rumour a while back about an MP from here buying into Rangers but nothing in a while

That was David Burnside and was totally crap. He made the announcement a couple of days before an election and admitted he never even spoke to Murray.

They supply the coaches for the team. Jimmy Bell, the kit man, started off working for Parks and drove the team around in a coach. Rangers ended up asking him to work for them instead.

I know that during the 90s Rangers always got the same coach every week. LSK 555 may have been the reggie.

Givent he cost of hiring coaches it has always surprise me that a club of Rangers size has never just bought their own !

I'd imagine buying a brand new bus/coach would cost �£150k-�£200k. I'm not sure if Rangers owning a private bus/coach would need a PSV operators license or not, but even if the club did need one it costs peanuts (2 or 3 hundred quid) & the cost of a 12 month vehicle license (tax disc) for a large coach is incredibly only �£165. Presumably the most serious costs would be storing the vehicle/s in a suitable facility & mechanical maintenance including whatever standard regular checks, MOTs etc are required by law.

IMO, if Rangers wanted to run their own buses they'd be better off leasing them direct from the manufacturer (like Mercedes for example). As they wouldn't have to worry about all the maintenance & mechanical side of it, as that would all be done by whoever they were leasing from under the terms of the lease. It may or may not end up costing slightly more, but if it did it would be worth it for the savings in hassle. You would really have to be using the vehicles near enough every single day for it to be worth doing any of these things though.

Edited by Zappa

They supply the coaches for the team. Jimmy Bell, the kit man, started off working for Parks and drove the team around in a coach. Rangers ended up asking him to work for them instead.

I know that during the 90s Rangers always got the same coach every week. LSK 555 may have been the reggie.

Right, gotcha. So, it's not like they have contracts with all the supporters clubs in central Scotland.

That Rangers are about to be sold to the guy who owns parks of hamilton and a businessman from northern ireland. All hush hush at the moment with an anouncement comming in the very near future.

anyone else heard this/

Hope the guy from NI has the right sort of money because the bus driver doesn't. It's hardly news but the first law of rumours is that they're either already old news or will never happen.