Not at all mate, that expands perfectly on what I mean.

Anyway, I'm just happy to get a reply - any old shit would have done because I posted the same thing on FF at roughtly the same time and within 25 mins the thing was on page 2, probably never to be seen again! :D

Aye, sometimes good posts can be lost on there through the high volume of traffic. One of the negatives to weigh up against the positives of such a high number of threads being started.

Aye, sometimes good posts can be lost on there through the high volume of traffic. One of the negatives to weigh up against the positives of such a high number of threads being started.

Well, you could always find it and bump it tomorrow sometime. I spent 15 minutes on that f**ker. :mad:

Some people don't know what they're missing you know :D

Well, you could always find it and bump it tomorrow sometime. I spent 15 minutes on that f**ker you know :D

Ha ha. I know that feeling. :(

Will no doubt be on there at some point? Maybe start another pointless pissing contest on there. :D

haha the "I know more than you know" went down a fecking treat! :D

:D

Knew I was going away for a few days and was in a daft mood so fancied stirring it up. Many missed the point. A few didn't. And there were one or two interesting points made or funny comments posted. Job done. :o

The first thing i can remember about any mention of finances apart from transfers was when Willie Waddle stated that there would be no huge amounts of money spent on the team until the new stadium was completed. Everyone i knew seemed to be Rangers pools agents and at that time the rangers pools were the biggest club pools in Britain. I would imagine that we have to thank the Rangers pools from that time for a lot of the building of the new Ibrox.

I was also one of those kids running up to strangers and asking if they would give me a lift over the turnstile. It felt great getting in for nothing and saving your money to buy sweets on the way home.

There was also no segregation you could walk round Ibrox from one side to the other. I always watched the game from behind the goal that rangers were shooting into. A far cry from the modern day supporters who do nothing but snarl at each other.

Fifa have created a financial monster, the rich clubs get richer and the poor clubs get poorer. Most big clubs are now toys for the super rich and players are super rich mercenaries who have zero loyalty. In saying that the clubs have also zero loyalty to the players.

As for the supporters in the past people supported mostly their local team. Then the game developed that supporters from all over Scotland started supporting the old firm. Very slowly a new generation is creeping in where kids from all over the world are supporting Barcelona,Madrid or Man.u etc.

I fear for the day that in the future people will be getting Barcelona tv instead of turning up at Ibrox.

Ha ha. I dunno, I thought the OP was an interesting read.

But most people just like to re-hash the same tired arguements rather than discuss something "new".

It was an interesting read. And you're quite correct that people seem a bit impatient when it comes to something with an apparently alternative viewpoint.