SPURS boss Harry Redknapp is set to make Celtic a bumper offer for Aiden McGeady - and NOT Scott Brown.

Redknapp and his No2 Kevin Bond headed north on Tuesday to run the rule over �£10million target Brown at Parkhead.

But they left purring over the performance of McGeady in the 2-0 Champions League qualifying defeat by Arsenal. SunSport can reveal the White Hart Lane gaffer has been a long-time admirer of both players.

Redknapp saw the Republic of Ireland ace dazzle while Brown failed to shine.

It's understood the Spurs chief is weighing up a �£5m-plus bid for McGeady, 23.

The transfer window deadline is 11 days away and Celtic - who face missing out on the �£12m group stages of the top Euro tournament - are bracing themselves for big-money bids for their best talents.

Meanwhile, it's understood �£4m-rated right back Andreas Hinkel, wanted by Hull City and Cologne, is to have talks with Celts chief executive Peter Lawwell on Friday.

The German and his agent Klaus Schaude want to know how the club sees his future.

Hinkel, who is under contract until 2011, is happy at Parkhead but the chance to play in the Premier League could be too good to resist.

http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scotsol/homepage/sport/spl/2597246/Arry-eyes-Aid-raid.html

Why is everyone raving about McGeadys performance on Tuesday night? He was average, just like the rest of the team. :confused:

I know the mhdia in Scotland inflate the ability of all their hooped heroes (Hinkel was Beckenbauer when he signed), but Aiden McGeady is by a country mile the most overrated footballer in this country in all my years watching football. He's barely had one or two good games against us in 6 years. I used to love it when him and the Diving Jap were in the starting line-up against us.

Chick Dung's performance when interviewing Wenger on Tuesday was toe-curling. I can't believe some people still think he's a Rangers fan. Only an Excuse say he is so it must be true :rolleyes:

I know the mhdia in Scotland inflate the ability of all their hooped heroes (Hinkel was Beckenbauer when he signed), but Aiden McGeady is by a country mile the most overrated footballer in this country in all my years watching football. He's barely had one or two good games against us in 6 years. I used to love it when him and the Diving Jap were in the starting line-up against us.

Chick Dung's performance when interviewing Wenger on Tuesday was toe-curling. I can't believe some people still think he's a Rangers fan. Only an Excuse say he is so it must be true :rolleyes:

I disagree - I think Scott Brown is the most over-hyped player in the SPL (not that I have any time for the treacherous McGreedy); sure, he can go box-to-box, as they like to say nowadays, but his goal return is worse than poor for an attacking midfielder, and how many times does he give the ball away under no pressure? We had a lucky escape not buying him and we definitely got the better bargain in Thomson.

I disagree - I think Scott Brown is the most over-hyped player in the SPL (not that I have any time for the treacherous McGreedy); sure, he can go box-to-box, as they like to say nowadays, but his goal return is worse than poor for an attacking midfielder, and how many times does he give the ball away under no pressure? We had a lucky escape not buying him and we definitely got the better bargain in Thomson.

I think Brown is one of those players, like Kevin Thomson (twice the player, half the price :giruy:), who does the dirty work without getting noticed, though I agree he is overrated. The decision - probably arrived at in Baird's Bar - to make him POTY a couple of seasons back was a complete farce. The difference with McGeady is he is so ineffectual in so many games yet is continually billed as a �£15 million man inches away from a move to Bayern or the like. If that Celtic team was as good as the papers say they'd have romped last season's league by 20+ points. At least we know we're no great shakes (still better than that mhob mind).