Dinamo Zagreb v Heart of Midlothian

Another pathetic scoreline for a Scottish team in Europe. Five teams out by August, looks like it's all down to the champions...

Your forgetting the mighty MOPES are going to take three of the Arsenal :whistle:

Another pathetic scoreline for a Scottish team in Europe. Five teams out by August, looks like it's all down to the champions...

Unfortunately timmy will be in the Europa bargain basement trophy.....

And I don't want to take the shine off a new season but TBH I don't think we will do much without a new defender and midfielder....

Yes the harbinger of happiness is here again!

Another shining example of how poor Scottish teams are in Europe, the other was that Everton pished on the team that mutilated Aberdeen !

Never known it so bad. Your mention of Aberdeen's conquerors being thrashed by Everton really puts it in perspective.

You have to ask: what value is it for Rangers to win the Scottish League? Outwith the OF we are on a par with Luxembourg and Liechstenstein, no exxageration. And please don't anyone tell me it will all change if we have summer football.

Going on the evidence of the European games this season, the non-OF Scottish sides would now appear to be on a par with their Northern Irish and Welsh counterparts.

For some time they've only been at best a slight notch above them.

I really don't understand why they are so poor EVERY year, especially against teams who should really be on a par or below them.

Seems to me that if you owned an SPL club, you could do a tour of eastern European countries in the EC, pick up random Bosmans, attract them with SPL wages and British standard of living, and then easily finish third in the league.

But I suppose Hearts have been making a ham fist of that for while...

We definitely need a radical overhaul of Scottish football and sport in general. It could easily raise our national pride and general malaise and at the same time reduce obesity and number of neds on the street.

It needs to come from the Scottish Parliment, with tax money put aside for something that will genuinely improve our country.

I'm thinking towards the Dutch system that Pete talked about.

I thought Zagreb were a quality side. Totally blew Hearts away with their passing ability & pressure on the ball. Even after Etto went off injured, the 19 yr old full back they brought on to replace him was a class act. Their Chilean player Morales has some shot on him as well.