I find your Cousin 85 minutes Boyd 5 minute story unfair Craig. It happens regularly that players that are on from the start fail to find the room due to concentrated marking from the defence. Put on a sub and that concentration is broken and we have a super sub. I am not saying Cousin didn't have some bad points but i feel his style made him look lazier than he was. I thought he was a good player for Rangers.

Did you watch the game in question pete ? Sadly I remember it like it was yesterday and, I can assure you, I am NOT being unfair on Cousin. It wasnt that he COULDNT find space it was that he couldnt be BOTHERED to TRY to find the space.

I agree with what you say that often times a player coming on finds more space as opponents tire etc (which is often why Novo is so effective as a sub) but in that game in question Cousin wasnt trying a jot.

I am not convinced that we could say he was a good player for Rangers. I am not sure that a Gers career of just 28 games is enough to say he was good for us. I feel he flattered to deceive BUT would concede that he DID play well in some important games.

Did you watch the game in question pete ? Sadly I remember it like it was yesterday and, I can assure you, I am NOT being unfair on Cousin. It wasnt that he COULDNT find space it was that he couldnt be BOTHERED to TRY to find the space.

I agree with what you say that often times a player coming on finds more space as opponents tire etc (which is often why Novo is so effective as a sub) but in that game in question Cousin wasnt trying a jot.

I am not convinced that we could say he was a good player for Rangers. I am not sure that a Gers career of just 28 games is enough to say he was good for us. I feel he flattered to deceive BUT would concede that he DID play well in some important games.

I will agree that it looks like he used Rangers for a step up to the EPL. As i said i still feel positive about him.

At the end of the day, Cousin might well be rather pissed off with his agent, who is? Wullie McKay? There you have it. Yet another instance of an agent securing a deal for his player that isn't in the player's best interest. All this agent is concerned about is his own agenda. It must be a hard struggle to be a football agent, tim & trying to balance the books all at the same tim. :whistle:

Something we should consider is that Cousin had the end of his 'career' in sight when he left Rangers. In all honesty, I can't imagine for one minute why he would choose to move away from us, but as I've suggested, his agent had a big hand in it. As I've also said, Cousin will look at his short-term past & realize that leaving our club to move to a relegation fodder EPL side (in Hull) was a mistake for the end of his career. I liked Cousin to a certain extent, but as others have said here, he was obviously a money-grabber. He moved away for better wages to club who for all intents & purposes are shite.

My Coisin Boyd reasoning been ignored I see. Oh well, still the way I see it lol (or is this childish (kidding Gav) )

I dont think I ignored it Jon. I agree with you, and used the Cousin/Boyd comparison to state the case.

Something we should consider is that Cousin had the end of his 'career' in sight when he left Rangers. In all honesty, I can't imagine for one minute why he would choose to move away from us, but as I've suggested, his agent had a big hand in it. As I've also said, Cousin will look at his short-term past & realize that leaving our club to move to a relegation fodder EPL side (in Hull) was a mistake for the end of his career. I liked Cousin to a certain extent, but as others have said here, he was obviously a money-grabber. He moved away for better wages to club who for all intents & purposes are shite.

I see what you are saying but am not sure I agree. A player does not need to sign for any team his agent suggests and if the player has any semblance of a brain, should always be the final confirmation of what he himself wants.

Another reason I am not completely convinced that it was all about his agent is that Cousin always seemed to me to be chasing the cash anyway and he seemed to want to leave us, without the urgings of his agent, as soon as the EPL cash came calling.

He knew the type of team Hull were before he signed for them. Yes his agent may have played a part but the player himself has right of refusal.

Plus, at the end of the day, the buck stops with the player as he himself is the one signing that contract !