i would hate us to take this chump back, another football mercanary just chasing money.

let see where his career goes after hull i dont think many clubs will take him with that attitude but then again im pretty sure wullie mckay his agent so he'll find a club somewhere lol

Cousin will look back on his decision to leave Rangers for Hull with regret imo. Hope he enjoys watching us play in the CL this season. :devil:

Never have and never will understand majority on here at the time he was leaving actually wanting him to stay and Boyd to go! Totally beyond me, he's a lazy fucker who had very little return in comparrison to Boyd.

To now say you would take him back? Well, fuck me, how about we offer a straight swap to Hull for Cousin and Boyd..........

Never have and never will understand majority on here at the time he was leaving actually wanting him to stay and Boyd to go! Totally beyond me, he's a lazy fucker who had very little return in comparrison to Boyd.

To now say you would take him back? Well, fuck me, how about we offer a straight swap to Hull for Cousin and Boyd..........

Obviously aimed at me since I'm the only one who said I'd take him back.

I've managed to bite my tongue and not be childish like yourself when replying.

Let's not forget that Boyd is a lazy fucker too. Cousins scoring record for Rangers was pretty good (28 played 11 goals) good albeit not as good as Boyds (whose is?).

Cousin played the lone striker excellently and was a huge success for us in europe bar the game against Fiorentina in Italy.

He wasn't everyones cup of tea but he stepped upto the marker in the bigger games ie Celtic and in europe.

I must admit i liked Cousin. I am not for bringing any player back as it mostly ends in disappointment but based on his performances for us i see more positive than negative. I also think some players playing style makes them look lazy. When they are not, Frank Rijkaard is for me an example of that. Cousin also fits that image imo.

I must admit i liked Cousin. I am not for bringing any player back as it mostly ends in disappointment but based on his performances for us i see more positive than negative. I also think some players playing style makes them look lazy. When they are not, Frank Rijkaard is for me an example of that. Cousin also fits that image imo.

Berbatov too. You get the impression he couldn't give a monkeys.

Wasnt aimed at you Gav, didnt realise you were the only one to say you would take him back, really didnt pay that much attention to that point, more to the circumstances and views from people around the time he left.

Cousin had a couple of decent games in Europe, one total stinker where he was stupidly sent off. One good game against Celtic and everyone was singing his praises. Cant deny if he put the effort in he would have been an asset. He didnt do it consistently, anywhere neary constistently enough. Funnily enough the same accusation aimed at Boyd, who while this may have been true, still managed to score a shit load of goals more than any other SPL striker, never mind our own.

Cousin has done little since and wanted away and never made a secret of it. Boyd has improved his overall game and wants to stay.

Sorry if you think my reply was aimed at you (it wasnt) and was childish, I think more flipant than childish buth there you go.

I think that is selective memory. For every good game that Cousin had he had AT LEAST one howler.

I remember him playing against Falkirk at Brockville and he played for 85 minutes and did NOTHING. Boyd replaced him and did more in 5 minutes that Cousin did in 85, include score.

Yes, Cousin is a good player of that I dont think there is a doubt. A lazy bassa though who made Boyd's work-rate look exceptional. And lets not forget that Boyd has actually attempted to better his overall contribution - do any of us really believe that Cousin would make the same attempt ? Not me.

Cousin only really "tried" in the big games. Against the smaller teams he never tried a jot - to win the league you also need 3 points against those teams.

Against the smaller teams Cousin was as much a wasted jersey as many Gers fans feel Boyd is against the bigger teams.

PS Not looking to turn this into a Boyd thread but the comparisons are there I guess.

I think that is selective memory. For every good game that Cousin had he had AT LEAST one howler.

I remember him playing against Falkirk at Brockville and he played for 85 minutes and did NOTHING. Boyd replaced him and did more in 5 minutes that Cousin did in 85, include score.

Yes, Cousin is a good player of that I dont think there is a doubt. A lazy bassa though who made Boyd's work-rate look exceptional. And lets not forget that Boyd has actually attempted to better his overall contribution - do any of us really believe that Cousin would make the same attempt ? Not me.

Cousin only really "tried" in the big games. Against the smaller teams he never tried a jot - to win the league you also need 3 points against those teams.

Against the smaller teams Cousin was as much a wasted jersey as many Gers fans feel Boyd is against the bigger teams.

PS Not looking to turn this into a Boyd thread but the comparisons are there I guess.

I find your Cousin 85 minutes Boyd 5 minute story unfair Craig. It happens regularly that players that are on from the start fail to find the room due to concentrated marking from the defence. Put on a sub and that concentration is broken and we have a super sub. I am not saying Cousin didn't have some bad points but i feel his style made him look lazier than he was. I thought he was a good player for Rangers.