The Beautiful Game - Leaving the working man behind

That was one of Bluedell's points, but something I'm trying to get across is that reduced ticket prices doesn't necessarily have to mean decreased profits if playing to a full house most weeks.

I think the trouble is that this doesn't always work out. In the simple scenario of halving the ticket price, it is unlikely you will double the attendance - Motherwell lost a fortune trying that one. Even if you did, you'd likely make less due to increased overheads.

I think the problem is that the people who go regularly are the core who would go at almost any price up to a point and after that you get the law of diminishing returns. They probably work it out and mess around with it until they find a ticket price which gets them the best return.

People will pay the current price as they see it's the same as other SPL clubs, less than the likes of the premiership and also less than most live entertainment like concerts, theater, boxing, and even paying one guy to make them laugh now and again.

The likes of Rangers are struggling to make ends meet and so with a full stadium and no scope for increase, have to charge the current fees.

Hopefully. The best thing that could happpen to the English Premiership in particular would be for all the clubs to die on their arse and the league get ripped up and start again. It's become a freakshow down there.

I agree wholeheartedly with that. They have a cheek to call our football "Mickey Mouse" but you can see where the heart of Disney lies. It's all too sickly sweet and overindulgent now and makes you want to get back to some proper Danny Boyle grit and reality.

Tickets aplenty outside Tynecastle on Sunday. Even last week, for the SPL opener you could buy tickets for our game right up until kick-off.

Cammy F

What we need is the club to take over the allocation of away tickets for ALL SPL games. Don't know that it would reduce the tickets on sale but it would make oit far easier for the fans to get the tickets.

What we need is the club to take over the allocation of away tickets for ALL SPL games. Don't know that it would reduce the tickets on sale but it would make oit far easier for the fans to get the tickets.

Wouldn't help the situation as all the club do is overload the Rangers Supporters Clubs with unwamted tickets. We receive over 30 tickets for Kilmarnock and most, if not all of our season ticket holders get them in their allocation. This leaves RSC's with extra tickets and means that they either run at a loss, or have to work their arses off trying to sell these tickets.

In fact, as a club, it is far easier dealing with other clubs for our allocation than it is dealing with Rangers. Also, with other clubs dealing with the Rangers end tickets, it is more likely that real fans will get these. In fact, I know for a fact that we secured extra tickets for Tynie on Sunday late last week and these came out of tickets that were supposed to be held back for a certain Rangers employee :)

We have now gotten a network of contacts in most SPL ticket offices and are more than happy dealing with them directly to secure the required amount of tickets for these games. I would be better for us as a RSC if we didn't have to deal with Rangers Ticket Office.

Cammy F

That's OK then. Guys like me miss out and the real fans benefit. :rolleyes:

You have the same opportunity to buy tickets for Tynecastle as we (our RSC) do. I know plenty fans who bought them for Tynecastle, Easter Road, Falkirk et al.

Who's to say you'd have gotten a ticket if Rangers were dealing with the allocation? The ballot system is a lottery.

As someone who helps run a RSC I have to do what is best for my RSC and for its members. That means the less we have to deal with Rangers / Ibrox the better.

Having had to stand outside EVERY SPL ground (Torbett Towers) apart in ALL weathers trying to sell spare tickets, missing the start of many a game in the process, whilst I sympothise with you, I still believe cutting out RFC / Ibrox benifits RSC's.

Cammy F

When did the Tynecastle tickets go on sale? How do you get them? I certainly never heard about it. It's great for all these people who have got lots of time to find out these things and arrange to buy the tickets, but not everybody can do that.

Why does your RSC always have spare tickets? Does it apply for too many?

There's more to the Rangers support than RSCs.

When did the Tynecastle tickets go on sale? How do you get them? I certainly never heard about it. It's great for all these people who have got lots of time to find out these things and arrange to buy the tickets, but not everybody can do that.

Why does your RSC always have spare tickets? Does it apply for too many?

There's more to the Rangers support than RSCs.

Tickets for Tynecastle came on sale around the time of the Arsenal tourniment IIRC. We got extra tickets from Hearts the week of the game.

Our RSC only ever has spare tickets if we are dealing with Rangers / Ibrox. As explained above, Rangers just shunt all extra tickets the way of the RSC and leave them to get on with it. Take Killie - our allocation is always around 30 - then add that to another 20 memders getting tickets thro their allocation - thats 50 tickets for Killie, a ground that is never close to capacity. Try shifting those outside Rugby park on a cold, wet, wild winters Sunday when most of the Rangers fans are either warming themselves in front of a fire or sitting nursing a pint in a pub.

There is more to the Rangers support than the RSC's, but given the hard work, commitment, financial pressures and et al heaped on RSC's, we have to do whats best for our RSC. Again as stated above that means dealing with anyone apart from Ibrox.

Cammy F

If RSCs major complaint is having too many tickets then the club should allocate more tickets to individuals and less to RSCs.

Simples.

Therein lies the problem - the RSC's only get these inflated numbers due to the fact that season ticket holders aren't signing up in the same numbers for away games, especially your Kilmarnock, Motherwell etc where RFC get a decent allocation.

If more season ticket holders signed up for away allocation, the RSC's would get less tickets - simple....:)

Getting back to Tynecastle, was speaking to a friend who got a ticket for the game from Hearts. He said that when he first applied for Tynecastle last season they took contact details from him. In the lead up to the latest game at Tynecastle, he received an email from Hearts asking him if he wanted to apply for this game. A simple 'yes' to that email ensured him a ticket. Wonder if it would have been as simple if dealing with Ibrox...

Cammy F