KT: Bury my Knee at Wounded Hearts

I know he was keen to get back, but seeing as how he'd be fired up enough to press for a place, and to get stuck in to overcome the mental side of such a long lay off, was it maybe a mistake by Walter to play Kevin Thomson last Sunday?

Though it all worked out well enough in the end, mind you. I just can't help thinking it was an accident waiting to happen.

There you are, three days after the game. On the pulse as always!

I must say that in hindsight, with the victory secured, Kev�´s early bath might prove to be a blessing in disguise.

Touch wood it�´s only accies at home this week so we should manage without him while he serves his ban. After that it�´s international week so yet more time for him to build his strength and fitness without the higher risk of injury that comes with competitive games.

I had the feeling that the hertz game was a little early for KT to start and seemed a bit of a necessary gamble by WS.

Hopefully when he returns he will be ready.

Edit: early contender for thread title of the season!

Edited by Cotter

I know he was keen to get back, but seeing as how he'd be fired up enough to press for a place, and to get stuck in to overcome the mental side of such a long lay off, was it maybe a mistake by Walter to play Kevin Thomson last Sunday?

Though it all worked out well enough in the end, mind you. I just can't help thinking it was an accident waiting to happen.

There you are, three days after the game. On the pulse as always!

Great thread title:)

I thought the title might be from a journalist and then realised the intellect of sport journalists in Scotland falls way below many of the members on here...

Definitely get's my vote for thread title of the year.

I forgot about the international week, that's a good point: always assuming erractic Uncle George doesn't call him up, that is.

I have to admit that I've been following the cricket all summer, and didn't even know we were playing on Sunday till I saw the news: were we struggling for midfielders? I know Mendes was out, but I would have thought Davis-McCulloch-Edu-Smith would have done.

I forgot about the international week, that's a good point: always assuming erractic Uncle George doesn't call him up, that is.

I have to admit that I've been following the cricket all summer, and didn't even know we were playing on Sunday till I saw the news: were we struggling for midfielders? I know Mendes was out, but I would have thought Davis-McCulloch-Edu-Smith would have done.

Edu is out for a while as well, and Smith has been playing poorly up until the Hearts game.

Would someone mind doing a quick precis on Edu and Mendes? As I recall it, which is dimly, Mendes ought to be back next weekend but Edu (did he have an op?) is a bit of a blank for me.

It's going to take quite a while for the football to take over from The Ashes for me, I fancy. Or maybe the CL Draw will do it, plus an afternoon of Fulham, then an evening laughing at Hearts. Spasm, chill the wine!