At least 9 points...

This Romanian team will no doubt give us a game, very rarely a guaranteed 3 points in the Champions League. 9 points is very optimistic IMO, but we should still be aiming for that. I don't think it would be unambitious to be happy with 3rd and continued involvement in Europe via the UEFA Cup though.

JCD !

or

Lovenkrands

Depending on what game

Anyway this Romanian mob won't be playing in their 7,000 capacity stadium, moving to a 27,500 stadium near by ! Which i doubt they will sell out, so we could go there with confidence !

I was asking about the game to come. You seem to have mastered clairevoyance, I just wondered if you might share some details.:)

I fail to see why getting 4 points out of 6 against a top German side is a likely scenario.

Lehmann, Boulahrouz, BaştÃ?¼rk, Hitzlsperger, Hleb etc.

We have continually gotten good results against German teams and i see no reason why it should change.

The fact is, i think they always underestimate us. I notices when they drew Stuttgart out the Stuttgart reps all smiled and shook hands, maybe again because they fancy their chances against us already.

Those names you put up are not World class and we should not fear them.

Lehman is good, but extremely prone to blunders and nearly past it.

Boulharouz is an almighty underachiever and prone to losing the head. But on his day is a top defender.

Basturk is another underachiever. He had the ability to really do it at a bigger club than where he ended up and this is maybe his standard. He also goes missing in a lot of games and only seems to fancy it on his terms.

Hitzelsberger i like, but again, he can float in and out of games. But deadly if you let him into it.

Hleb is the only name i really fear. I saw one of his goals in the first leg of the qualifier they played and it was incredible. We need to stay tight on him.

Lets not get ahead of ourselves guys! We know fook all about this Romanian mob. Remember Artmedia who we coudn''t beat home or away

The Romanian side are very decent. Themselves & CFR Cluj have done Steaua Bucharest out of their league title the past couple of seasons. That's despite the fact that the two teams from Bucharest (Steaua & Dinamo) are really the best teams in Romania with the biggest fanbase & most money. I doubt they'll be a pushover, put it that way! Something tells me that football is what makes their small town tick...

Edited by Zappa

Just had a look at the fixtures and I don�´t fancy opening away to Stuttgart followed by Sevilla at home. We could be looking at no points going into the double header with the "minnows".

Also, our last game is away to Sevilla. Hmmm. Still:spl:

Agree with John Barr, there is no reason why we cant win our home games and get a draw away from home giving us 10 points.

Getting Stuttgart is a better draw than the likes of Marseille and A Madrid which are hostile places aswell as the home side being a top team. We know a bit about them which is also an advantage to playing the other teams.

The Romanians shouldnt be under estimated, wasnt there a Romanian side in Chelsea group last season that caused a shock or 2? They are a decent footballing nation.

Its a kind draw for us overall but I always like a giant in our group to test ourselves especially at Ibrox but I suppose we were due a kind draw considering what we got last time out when we were in the group of death.